Bar Back - Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Yaamava' Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Highland, California 92346
May 13, 2022
Oct 23, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Bar Back provides assistance to Bartenders which enables them to focus on providing premier guest service to patrons. By partnering with team members in operational processes, and helping to greet patrons and keep the bars clean and stocked, the Bar Back allows Bartenders and Cocktail Servers to operate more efficiently in their respective roles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Keeps the bar stations fully stocked (ice, mixes, garnishes, napkins, straws, etc.) Covers other bars when other Bar Backs are on break. Empties trash as necessary throughout the shift, and at the end of the shift. Keeps bar surfaces clean, wipes down inside of reach-ins and beer coolers to prevent condensation buildup, cleans all garnish trays at the end of each shift or as needed, wipes down all mix containers and alcohol bottles at the end of each shift. Keeps the floors clean and presentable, and ensures that all debris is collected. Prepares fruit garnishes for each shift, and assists Bartenders in mixing and preparing bulk alcohol and mix recipes for volume sale. (Concentrated juices, Sangria, Spiced Cider, etc.) Assists the Bartender in retrieving or serving beer, sodas, or bottles beverages to guests or Cocktail Servers at the Bartenders direction during volume times.
2. Assists Bartenders with greeting new guests and obtaining drink orders. May also be required to serve and collect payment for drinks.
3. Bar Back Safety:
Washes hands after cleaning ashtrays, handling dirty dishes, or emptying the trash.
Ensures stations are as clean as possible for next shift. Maintains constant safety awareness: asks for help when needed; lifts with legs, not back; ensures path is clear when transporting loads; wears slip-resistant, rubber sole shoes. Determines if loads are too heavy and requests assistance from supervisor. Exercises extreme care and takes time when working around heated objects (cappuccino machines, coffee urns). Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns. Maintains cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three (3) months related experience or training required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain T.I.P.S Certification upon employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
Why you’ll want to work on our Team:
After 35 years, long time Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel employees still love their jobs
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel – San Manuel Casino is now Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us.
Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!