Sr. Financial Accountant - Spotlight 29 Casino
Sr. Financial Accountant
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Dec 01, 2022
Jan 01, 2023
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Senior Accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, the Senior Accountant directly supervises all accounting employees. Coordinate and supervise the monthly closing process and preparation of consolidated and individual property financial statements and the accounts payable function, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made if requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period.”
- Supervise and support the day to day guidance, direction and development of Accountants and Accounts Payable team members.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, that detail and summarize the Casino's business activity and provides a progress report relating to the Casino's goals and objectives.
- Oversee and manage preparation of annual operations and capital budgets.
- Maintain automated financial accounting systems to ensure integrity of financial data.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices and payment of vendors in a timely manner.
- Review fixed assets to ensure accurate accounting, identification, and dispositions occur.
- Monitor banking activity and ensures compliance with any established guidelines.
- Prepare internal financial operations reports as required by management.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls, policies and procedures of the Casino, and any Federal, State or Tribal regulatory agencies.
- Interact with external auditors as required.
- Prepare reports required for regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Maintain both a balanced general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Manages subordinate supervisors, who supervise employees and directly manages employees in the following departments; accounts payable, food & beverage audit and general ledger. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, Accounting or related business major preferred.
- Three to five years related accounting experience; at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Government experience is highly preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Suite; preferred experience in other computer applications includes Bally’s slot accounting system, Infinium, MMS and Kronos timekeeping (or similar industry applications).
Certification, Licenses and Additional Requirements
- Must have CA Driver’s License or valid I.D.
- Must be able to pass periodic rand drug test and pre-employment physical
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor, you may use the guest elevators next to Taproom 29. Please bring a photo ID in case we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians.
As one of the larger employers in the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision, educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, and banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.