Bar Back I - Sign on Bonus $500 - Spotlight 29 Casino
Bar Back I - Sign on Bonus $500
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Jun 04, 2021
Mar 09, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
We are seeking for a skilled Bar Back I to join our growing organization. In this position, the Bar Back will clean bar and equipment, and replenish bar supplies such as liquor, fruit, ice, and dishes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Stock refrigerating units with wines, spirits, bottled beer, and other supplies as needed.
- Replace empty beer kegs with full ones.
- Slice and pit fruit used to garnish drinks, using proper knife handling skills.
- Wash glasses, bar, and equipment and polish bar fixtures.
- Arrange bottles and glassware to make attractive display.
- Clean bar area as part of side work assignment.
- Remove empty bottles and trash every day.
- Steam, clean/hose trash cans.
- Wash work tables, walls, refrigerators and floors under equipment.
- Sweep and mop the service areas including floor mats.
- Clean ceiling and/or ceiling tiles.
- Maintain a clean area at all times.
- Must wear uniform during work hours, meetings and training.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors, and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job requires no supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements, Experience and Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of ABC liquor laws
- Must pass pre-placement physical
- Must obtain a Food Workers certificate
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.