Cook - Sign on Bonus $500! - Spotlight 29 Casino
Cook - Sign on Bonus $500!
Spotlight 29 Casino
Coachella, California 92236
Oct 05, 2021
Nov 05, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
We are looking for experienced Cooks for our growing organization. The Cook position will prepare, season and cook sauces, meats, vegetables and other foodstuffs in a restaurant using standardized recipes. Serve prepared food using appropriate plates, cups, pans, bowls and trays to maintain customer appeal. Clean and sanitize workstation making sure everything is properly covered, labeled, dated and rotated, to ensure service of quality and healthy food. Prepare, season and cook sauces, meats, vegetables and other foodstuffs in a restaurant using standardized recipes. Serve prepared food using appropriate plates, cups, pans, bowls and trays to maintain customer appeal. Clean and sanitize workstation making sure everything is properly covered, labeled, dated and rotated, to ensure service of quality and healthy food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: “We are here for the guest. Period”
- Prepare raw products or prepared food items.
- Serve prepared food items.
- Clean and sanitize workstation.
- Coordinate guest’s checks to provide fast and efficient service.
- Able to work hot line and/or buffet preparation stations.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ability to read and use standardized institutional recipes.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all institutional kitchen equipment and their proper use and care.
- Must possess knife skills.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Education, Experience and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Two years experience in institutional food preparation including broiler, sauté and frying
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Must obtain a Riverside County Food Workers Certificate
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
BE PART OF THE SPOTLIGHT 29 TEAM! WE ARE OFFERING NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $500!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button which will submit your Casino Careers resume. You may also use the Email Employer button to submit your resume and cover letter.
If you don’t have a resume and would like to complete a written application, please stop by our offices Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We are located on the Second Floor by the escalators next to Blue Bar. Covered parking is available. Please be aware you’ll be required to wear a face mask and your temperature will be taken by security personnel. Please bring photo ID in case you we need you to obtain a Guest Pass for interviewing with us. Thank you!
Spotlight 29 Casino
46-200 Harrison Place
Coachella, CA 92236
Web Site: https://www.spotlight29.com
Be Part of Our Team!! There’s a reason why some of our associates have been a part of our Team for 25+ years. We are an employer of choice and proudly associated with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Cahuilla Indians.
As one of the larger employers of the Coachella Valley, we offer our Team Members competitive wages & benefits including medical, dental, vision educational reimbursement; discounted Team Member meals, training & development, rewards and recognition, and much more.
Spotlight 29 Casino employs over 500 local residents our casino features more than 1,500 Las Vegas-style slot machines, 35 table games, food & beverage outlets, banquet and entertainment space. Spotlight 29 Casino is located at the eastern end of the Coachella Valley on Dillon Road between Interstate 10 and Hwy 86.
Check out our other Casino...
Tortoise Rock Casino in Twentynine Palms, California is beautifully situated between the majestic Joshua Tree National Park and one of the country’s largest military training facilities—the United States Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. We employ 150+ Team Members.
The casino offers 30,000 square feet of gaming space, with the industry's best Slot Machines, plenty of Table Games, live poker, live entertainment, along with Oasis Grille and Shelly’s Lounge.