Director of Human Resources - Treasure Island Resort and Casino
Director of Human Resources
Treasure Island Resort and Casino
Red Wing, Minnesota 55066
Dec 07, 2017
Jan 08, 2018
Type of Position:
The Director of Human Resources attracts, trains and retains quality team members at all levels in a timely and cost effective manner. This position is also responsible for a high level of guest service as described in your departments guest service standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall operation of Human Resources including policy formulation and interpretation; employment; record keeping; compensation; benefits, training and team member activities
- Responsible for developing and monitoring departmental budgets
- Protect the interest of team members in accordance with Treasure Island policies and applicable Tribal and Federal laws
- Determine and recommend team member relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of team member morale
- Recruit managers and directors
- Conduct a continuing study of all human resource policies, programs, and practices to keep abreast of current practice and informed of new developments.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- 4-year degree with 5 years comparable management experience; Or 10 years comparable management experience; Or equivalent combination education and experience
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, benefits organizational planning, employee relations, training and development
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of budgeting, financial planning, strategic planning, profitability, productivity and concept development
- Previous casino/hospitality Human Resource experience
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Windows XP
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced strategic planning skills
- Ability to identify qualified personnel
- Ability to provide leadership to develop and direct staff maximizing performance
- Ability to follow established dress code policies and practice good personal hygiene
- Ability to serve both internal and external customers
- Ability to manage departmental budget and control labor and expenses
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to manage projects in a timely and efficient manner
Strong benefits package including but not limited to:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD Insurances.
Plus a free in-house health clinic and pharmacy.
In addition PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k plan & much much more
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
PO Box 75
Red Wing, MN 55066
All Applicants Must Complete Our Company Online Application to be Considered.
Treasure Island Resort & Casino is nestled amidst the scenic bluffs of the Mississippi River Valley on the rolling prairies of southeastern Minnesota. It is owned by the Prairie Island Indian Community and is located minutes from the historic river towns of Red Wing and Hastings,
The casino boasts over 2200 slots, 44 table games including Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Hold’em and 3 card Poker, a Poker Room, a 500 room hotel (with an additional 300 rooms under construction), 8 restaurants, 10 cocktail lounges, and over 50,000 square feet of banquet facilities.
Our entertainment center includes a 2,800-seat showroom for headline entertainment.
Another exciting aspect is the Family Fun Center, which allows Treasure Island to be a truly unique family friendly entertainment destination. The center features a 24-lane Brunswick™ Bowling Alley, separate party rooms, snack bar, arcade, and lounge area. A 40,000 square foot Water Park with 2 Water-slides, Lazy River, Zero Entry Pool, Swim-up Bar and 2 whirlpools.
The Island has become the Midwest's tropical getaway, featuring nationally acclaimed entertainment, a marina, Spirit of the Water-- a 120-passenger luxury cruise boat and an RV park.
With over 1,500 Team Members, Treasure Island Resort & Casino is the largest employer in Goodhue County.