Sous Chef - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Dec 06, 2017
Jan 07, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Supervise all (F&B Outlets) production staff ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures, controls, specs and standards.
- Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
- Delegate and instruct all kitchen Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Assist in all areas of food production as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent regular attendance record.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State and Federal Health Regulations.
- Maintain and monitor all check lists and HAACP temperature readings.
- Follow all instructions and procedures delegated by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Manage daily restaurant operations (F&B Outlets) with a focus on flawless execution, increasing profit and enhancing the guest experience.
- Promote a teaching and learning environment.
- Ability to partner and build relationships with management, colleagues and vendors while demonstrating leadership and integrity and promoting team success.
- Ability to motivate others to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of food specs and execution.
- Perform accurate inventory procedures.
- Knowledge of creating recipes to maintain food consistency.
- Responsible with complying with labeling and covering food items, once they are prepared and taken to the cooler.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or up to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Sous Chef.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Able to work in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
- Must be physically able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to obtain a valid non-gaming license.
- Able to obtain an Arizona Driver’s License.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
- Focus on the Customer – Seek to understand the (internal / external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features Las Vegas-style Blackjack, live Poker, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.