Lead Slot Attendant - Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Lead Slot Attendant
Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania 18344
Dec 06, 2017
Feb 07, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Lead Slot Attendant is responsible to lead, guide and support the Slot Attendants on their assigned shift while ensuring that the Slot Attendants are providing high levels of customer service. All duties are to be performed according to the policies and procedures of the Mount Airy Casino Resort and the regulations of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in conjunction with the Slot Shift Manager in the guidance of personnel and efficient operation of the slot floor during their assigned shift. Monitor employee activities and take appropriate actions in support of efficient operations.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Slot Operations Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the training of Slot Operations staff. Responsible that all employees have the knowledge required to perform their duties at an acceptable level.
- Must know and enforce all policies and procedures of the Slot Operations department.
- Settle all customer disputes not readily resolved by subordinates.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all times. Maintains a professional work environment with Shift Managers and staff.
- Shall act as signatory and verifier on jackpots as detailed the internal controls.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Attends all necessary meetings.
- Assists in other projects as directed.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 1-2 years of slot operations experience required.
- Previous personnel supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and dedicated commitment to excellence.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the employees throughout all levels of the Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid license as required by the PA Gaming Control Board.
- Must have ability to deal affectively and interact well with customers and employees.
- Must demonstrate leadership, fairness and sensibility to the customers and employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
- Adequate manual dexterity to operate office equipment and engage in light lifting.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required with occasional travel.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
44 Woodland Road
Mount Pocono, PA 18344
Mount Airy Casino Resort in Pennsylvania, features a 68,000 square foot gaming area with 1,700 slot machines. Table games include Blackjack, Poker, “Let It Ride” Poker, Three Card Poker, Seven Card Stud, Hold ’em, Omaha, Pai Gow Poker, Roulette, and Craps.
The 188 room luxury resort hotel includes a full-service luxury spa & exercise & wellness center, Indoor/ Outdoor swimming pool, conference center with banquet & meeting room faciliites , four restaurants including Bistecca by Il Mulino, Guy Fieri’s Mount Pocono Kitchen, Mount Airy Buffet and Get Wet Ultra Pool Kitchen), Gypsies Lounge/Night Club‚ retail shops‚ and a covered parking facility. The facility is surrounded by an 18-hole championship golf course and is adjacent to a 27-acre lake surrounded by nature trails.
We are seeking talented, experienced, responsible and highly personable people to help foster an energetic and service-centered atmosphere. We employ about 1,000 people - at salaried and hourly wages. Our future expansion plans include another 200 guest rooms and additional casino facilities. We have also developed an attractive and equitable employee compensation and benefits plans.
Mount Airy knows it takes great people to make great things happen. As such, we're dedicated to cultivating a diverse work environment, where our team members share ideas, collaborate and respect one another. Ideally, the Mount Airy team will include individuals from a wide array of backgrounds, with different experiences and viewpoints, which will be valued. Our work culture will be performance-based, where personal accountability, growth opportunities and recognition occur daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of our business, without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, family status, socioeconomic status or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective job performance. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All Applicants Must Be Able To Pass A Drug Screen.
Mount Airy Casino-Resort is an equal opportunity employer