Banquet Houseman - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Dec 04, 2017
Jan 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for room set-up of all banquet and catering events.
- Ensure that banquet rooms are clean and set according to Banquet Event Order details.
- Responsible for breaking down rooms after events; making sure the room is neat and clean, all tables, chairs and AV equipment is put back in its proper place.
- Service of coffee breaks for meetings, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED required. Banquet experience a plus but not necessary.
Must be physically able to lift and move tables, chairs, etc. Must possess effective communication and organizational skills, able to multi-task and be flexible with guest needs. Will work closely with Banquet Captain, Sales, Food and Beverage Department, Facilities and other necessary departments. Must be able to be very flexible with work schedule demands, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to use commonsense and reasoning to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 44 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
A 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, is scheduled to open in November 2017.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer