Marketing Operations Manager - Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Marketing Operations Manager
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Bernalillo, New Mexico 87004
Dec 04, 2017
Feb 05, 2018
Type of Position:
The Marketing Operations Manager, under the direction of the Director of Marketing is responsible for developing revenue streams through the production of events, shows and private parties for The Stage at Santa Ana Star.
Responsible to actively solicit new business through networking with potential clients, promoters, and vendors. Responsible to develop and maintain marketing operational strategies to meet organizational objectives. Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and coordinates marketing plan changes as needed. Oversees marketing activities as it is related to promotions, players club, and all entertainment venues.
- Responsible for the presentation and execution of promotions, events, and all entertainment.
- Produce and manage an entertainment schedule for all entertainment venues. Manage and oversee door sales, ticketing, seating, and host operations.
- Assist with all other entertainment and special events to include but not limited to; employee events, Lounge 54 events and alike. Oversees the sound, lighting and special effects activities to ensure an appropriate atmosphere for specified entertainment.
- Coordinate and execute contracts and riders through various booking agencies and/or group business and VIP sales for services.
- Provide strategic oversight and consultative support to the Director of Marketing; in regards to promotions, players club, and entertainment activities with specific reports and/or presentations.
- Responsible for the operation and execution of promotions and players club, for the casino, tailored exclusively to the gaming industry.
- Promotes positive customer relations, handles complaints and suggestions, as related to the entertainment venues, promotions and players club.
- Assist in the development of an annual marketing plan, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, to focus on meeting organizational objectives and financial goals.
- Prepare pre/post forma reports for all significant events.
- Manage budgets and provide direction for promotions, players club and entertainment departments. Coordinate, support and engage the activities within agreed budget.
- Coordinate and execute promotional programs via mass media providers.
- Oversee the entire promotion life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and post analysis.
- Demonstrate technical marketing skills and knowledge with evaluation of programs and/or assigned duties.
- Works closely with the property departments to coordinate marketing programs and enhance communications.
- Target specific market offerings for current and future promotions and events with market research supported by on-going visits with customers and competitors.
- Maintains project files for each event including agreements, contracts, and pertinent correspondence, talent and vendor payouts.
- Develop and maintain effective, strong business relationships.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- Bachelor’s degree required/business degree preferred. Will substitute experience in lieu of education on a year by year basis.
- Must have a minimum of 4-6 years of marketing management experience; such as sales experience, casino hotel, convention, media sales or hospitality/tourism industries preferred.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Must have a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Proven ability to oversee marketing, promotional and entertainment staff and activities.
- General business and accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of casino player tracking systems preferred.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to meet and speak with corporate leaders, business professionals and influential community leaders.
- Bi-lingual and multi-cultural experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and administrative skills and abilities.
- Responsible, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must possess higher level of computer skills within Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access, as well other software programs.
- Ability to compose correspondence, manage schedules and projects.
- Must possess good time management, organization and recordkeeping skills.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Effectively interface and coordinate activities involving employees and/or guests and work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere, work independently and handle projects on an individual and/or group basis.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature while exercising sound judgment in problem resolution and actively participates in making recommendations.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read and interpret written information. Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar and varies writing style to meet needs.
- Strong numerical or statistical aptitude.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Ability to 10 key preferred.
- Must present self in a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility, as needed, to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer - Microsoft Applications.
- All traditional office equipment and ticketing systems.
- Casino Player Tracking Systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
54 Jemez Canyon Dam Road
Bernalillo, NM 87004
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel was the first Indian casino to operate in New Mexico, opening its doors in 1993. Growing from only 64 slot machines, “The Star” features over 1,400 machines independently certified as the “Loosest Slots in New Mexico” by Strictly Slots® Magazine. Video poker games, 26 table games, and live-action poker are also available daily.
Although gamers must be at least 21 years old, the entire family can enjoy other amenities at The Star. Starlight Lanes is a traditional bowling alley with an “out-of-this-world” twist. It contains 36 state-of-the-art lanes available to league members and casual bowlers, alike. The Star is also home to a full-scale restaurant—the Las Vegas-style Feast Buffet, which provides a contemporary Bosque-style atmosphere with live-action food stations.
Located just minutes north of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel is “New Mexico’s Best Bet!” The Star offers a Vegas-style casino experience with an infusion of New Mexican charm. Reflecting the cultural authenticity and timelessness of the great southwest, it is an easily accessible regional destination for entertainment, excitement, and good, old fashioned value.
We recognize that people are our most important asset.
Our goal is to have every guest leave with a smile.
Santa Ana Star needs people who take pride in a job well done.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), free meal program, credit union, and PTO.
Extensive background investigation and pre-employment drug test required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer