Internal Audit Manager - Table Mountain Rancheria and Gaming Commission
Internal Audit Manager
Table Mountain Rancheria and Gaming Commission
Friant, California 93626
Nov 30, 2017
Dec 31, 2017
Type of Position:
The final candidate selected for the position must be able to pass an extensive background check.
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all internal auditing activities are completed accurately and in accordance with the NIGC/Tribal MICS, as well as in accordance with the Table Mountain Rancheria’s Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Tribal-State Compact or by any other applicable laws, rules, regulations, polices or procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person fulfilling this position must be capable of performing the following, but not limited to:
- Manages all internal audit functions of the gaming operation.
- Follows Internal Audit division policies and procedures.
- Determines and selects the departments to be audited, and the frequency of those audits in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Prepares audit reports to Tribal Gaming Commission outlining scope, objectives, procedures performed with supporting audit findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for reviewing and preparing audit findings for casino management response.
- Works with all departments within the casino to effectively complete audits.
- Responsible for submitting final audit reports to the Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Works with outside auditors and/or agencies as requested by the Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Knowledgeable of MICS and Title 31 casino requirements.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Monitors regulatory updates and informs Gaming Commissioners and Casino Management of changes to laws, codes, certifications, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts special investigations or audits as requested by the Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Reviews and recommends changes in policies or procedures to increase efficiency of operations or to improve safeguards over the company assets.
- Reviews and prepares incident reports when requested.
- Refines Audit skills through personal development by independent study and attending seminars as convenient to work schedule to continually keep up to date on new and current auditing practices.
- Performs such other duties as requested.
Supervise and manage the Tribal Gaming Commission’s Internal Audit Department personnel and equipment. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing workloads; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor, with experience in gaming preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent college or vocational school credits preferred. Five or more years of auditing, bookkeeping or internal audit experience as well documented management or supervisory experience. Other relevant educational, trade school, work or gaming experience that demonstrates an ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of an Internal Audit Manager may be considered.
Table Mountain Rancheria Tribal Gaming Commission
23736 Sky Harbour Road
P.O Box 410
Friant, CA 93626
Table Mountain Rancheria Tribal Gaming Commission is the tribal agency responsible for conducting background investigations and issuing gaming licenses to Table Mountain Casino and Bingo employees. Background Investigations must be conducted on all employees for the purpose of determining whether they are suitable for employment under the criterion. Table Mountain Casino is located in Friant, CA, just 20 minutes north of Fresno, they offer 250,000 square feet of gaming space, including 2,000 slot machines, 40 table games, 10 poker tables and Bingo seating for 700.