Audit Clerk - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Nov 29, 2017
Dec 30, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under direct supervision of the Lead Audit Clerk, reviews and compares operational paperwork with reports from systems for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifies, reports, and reconciles discrepancies.
• Reconciles and process the daily Slot Audit.
• Prepares daily gaming and analysis reports.
• Audits and reconciles Cage data and reports any variances.
• Verifies and records revenue from gaming areas.
• Prepares discrepancies reports for audit exception reports.
• Secures and maintains financial original documents.
• Verifies revenue positing and paid-out documentation.
• Assists with external audits by supplying requested documentation.
• Reviews source documents for compliance to control standards and policies.
• Ensures timely review and filing of required information relative to the Title 31 audit
• Retrieves original paperwork, separates based on audits and reviews for accuracy.
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette.
• Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
• Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel, maintaining professional and courteous demeanor.
• Audits monthly and quarterly meter readings on slot machines on the Casino floor.
• Assists with inventory counts.
• Assists in the quarterly Soft Count testing.
• Assists with other audits as requested.
• Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs Title 31 audits as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Will be required to pass an Excel test. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures and financial systems.
• Knowledge of computer systems and reporting capabilities.
• Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
• Knowledge of auditing procedures.
• Knowledge of hard and soft counts.
• Knowledge of conducting and reconciling inventories.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
• Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
• Ability to use automated accounting system.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to count currency accurately.
• Ability to meet strict time lines.
• Skill in word processing and basic data entry.
• Skill in account balancing.
• Skill using 10-key.
• Skill using inventory and accounting software.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 342-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.