Surveillance Agent - Lodge Casino Black Hawk
Lodge Casino Black Hawk
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Nov 28, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
The Surveillance Department is committed to serving the needs of Jacobs Entertainment Inc. (JEI) through investigation and diligent collection of data pertinent to the operation of its casino properties.
To that end, we strive to maintain and employ the most innovative equipment available to monitor the operations of and activities within our casinos conscientiously, to record the casinos’ operations and activities thoroughly and to manage that information responsibly guided by regulatory authorities’ demands, company policies, JEI’s Mission and Values Statements and the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties of the Surveillance Agent:
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to JEI’s Mission Statement and FAST Track Values Statement.
- Actively monitor the operations of and activities within the casino including, but not limited to the performance and state of the surveillance equipment, casino alert systems (i.e. fire alarm systems, burglary alarm systems and others as directed. The performance and behavior of casino employees and the actions of casino guests (particularly the actions with the potential to threaten the assets and operation of JEI), and the presence and activities of regulatory authorities, law enforcement and emergency services personnel.
- Maintain familiarity with current gaming regulations (particularly those pertinent to the operations that take place within JEI properties), company policies and procedures, and house rules.
- Identify violations of the gaming regulations, company policies and house rules.
- Identify threats, and/or potential threats to the assets of JEI.
- Complete daily shift logs, investigation status notes and incident reports as directed.
- Use the aforementioned report formats to thoroughly document the operations of and activities within the casino.
- Preserve video coverage/evidence of significant events as directed.
- Restrict access to the surveillance room and surveillance-related information and materials to those with designated access.
- Complete other duties as directed.
- Other related duties including but not limited to complying with the following: Colorado Limited Gaming Act, Colorado Gaming Rules and Regulations, Colorado Internal Control Minimum Procedures, Colorado Liquor and Beer Codes, Federal requirements for Anti-Money Laundering, Company Policies, and IRS reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guests, fellow employees and vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Knowledge of Colorado Gaming regulations.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must possess a valid Gaming License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years gaming and or investigation experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with computer related systems.
Lodge Casino Black Hawk
240 Main Street
PO Box 50
Black Hawk, CO 80422
The Lodge Casino, Black Hawk, located in the beautiful historic mining town of Black Hawk, just 46 miles from Denver, opened in 1998. The mountain lodge themed property features 50 boutique hotel rooms, with 960 slot machines and 30 table games, including Craps and Roulette and a 15-table poker room. Food and beverage venues include the Seasons Buffet, White Buffalo Grille and Jake’s Deli, a coffee shop called Java & Crème, and four bars.
The Gilpin Casino, Black Hawk, is located in the historic Gilpin Hotel and was one of the first casinos to open in Black Hawk, CO in 1992. It offers over 430 slot machines and a restaurant, Lucille Malone’s.
Our Parent Company is Jacobs Entertainment, Inc., a developer, owner and operator of gaming and pari-mutuel wagering facilities throughout the United States, with properties located in Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada and Virginia. We pride ourselves in being a fantastic place to work with great benefits!