Sous Chef - Orange City Racing & Card Club - Delaware North
Sous Chef - Orange City Racing & Card Club
Orange City, Florida 32763
Nov 28, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
This new, one of a kind, “Jake’s 29° Sports Bar and Grill”, will feature twelve on-tap 29° Fahrenheit beers with an innovative pub-style menu. Never miss a game with six 80” TVs, a 60’ sports ticker and 40 TVs broadcasting the best in sports throughout the facility!
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, manage, and retain great associates
- Execute menu vision ensuring consistency and compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines
- Responsible for supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with state and local health department regulations.
- 3 years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management or supervisory role.
- The ideal candidate is extremely reliable, detail-oriented, and proficient with all basic cooking techniques
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including casual, fine dining, retail and catering.
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Serve Safe Certification preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must obtain certification within 2 years of employment. Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
Relocation Assistance Available
Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
Paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability and 401k with match
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries.
Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.