Sous Chef - Finger Lakes Gaming & Racing - Delaware North
Sous Chef - Finger Lakes Gaming & Racing
Farmington, New York 14425
Nov 28, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Established in 1962 as a thoroughbred racetrack, gaming was added to the facility in 2004. Subsequent expansions and additions to the destination, which hosts nearly 2 million visitors annually, have added the 450-seat Vineyard Buffet, other casual dining options and Remedy, a new bar and lounge featuring regional entertainment.
Are you a resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard and knows how to train and motivate your staff to deliver a consistently great experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can't help but take action! This position is ideal for someone who enjoys a challenge!
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- The successful associate will be responsible for assisting Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of kitchen operations including special events.
- Hire, train, manage, and retain great associates
- Execute menu vision ensuring consistency and compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines
- Assist in overall management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs.
- Assist in planning menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with state and local health department regulations.
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically, experience in high volume operation.
- Must have experience supervising personnel.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including casual, fine dining and catering.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to coach, develop and train others.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must be able to obtain a State Gaming License.
Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
Paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability and 401k with match
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries.
Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.