Executive Casino Host - Calder Casino - Churchill Downs Inc.
Executive Casino Host - Calder Casino
Churchill Downs Inc.
Miami Gardens, Florida 33056
Feb 16, 2018
Mar 16, 2018
Type of Position:
The Executive Casino Host is responsible for developing and coordinating programs to attract VIP players and host such guests to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat visits. Work requires superior communication and judgmental skills, as position is called upon to interact frequently with VIP guests, and make decisions regarding the issuance of complimentary items. The Executive Casino Host will be expected to exemplify the company mission of providing an exciting environment and superior guest service.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops new VIP players by fostering strong relationships through in-person interaction, player events, personalized notes, follow-up phone calls, email, etc.
- Manages guest requests and owns all issues, resolving them quickly and following up to ensure the guest’s satisfaction.
- Ensures all hosted guests stay informed of all events and promotions, using all channels of communication.
- Organize and execute special events and participate in telemarketing efforts to confirm attendance.
- Attend off-property functions as a representative of the company in order to entertain or assist guests as required.
- Contact guests by calling, writing, or making personal visits to increase trip frequency.
- Award customers complimentary gifts/tickets/etc. based on gaming activity and program guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to spend long periods of time during shift on the casino floor interacting with both return guests and searching for non-carded new players to sign-up for Player Rewards card.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Must have a flexible schedule to fit business needs.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining the utmost guest service.
- Emphasizes and embodies company mission of providing excitement and delivering excellent guest service.
- Support a work environment that promotes teamwork, integrity, respect, and performance feedback.
- Management abilities demonstrated in managing the VIP and premium players effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and thorough records and reports.
- Public relations and customer service skills.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationships among all personnel.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of guest information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Complete task in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
AUTHORIZED ACCESS AREAS
- Slot Floor
AUTHORIZED KEY ACCESS
PROPOSED LICENSED LEVEL
- Slot Machine General Individual
PROJECTED NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES IN POSITION
- One – Five (1-5)
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years casino experience preferably with a 4-year degree in a related field of equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of OASIS Player Tracking System, Microsoft Products.
- Ability to obtain a valid gaming license.
Calder Casino is located on South Florida's Miami-Dade / Broward county line and offers approximately 1100 slots and eTable Games. Calder is a wholly owned property of Churchill Downs Incorporated.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
21001 NW 27 Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33056
Calder Casino, located on South Florida's Miami-Dade / Broward county line and just north of Dolphins Stadium, offers gaming action with nearly 1,200 state-of-the-art slot machines, Bingo, and simulcasting. Calder Casino is a wholly owned property of Churchill Downs Incorporated.
About Churchill Downs Incorporated
Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) (NASDAQ: CHDN), headquartered in Louisville, KY, owns and operates the world-renowned Churchill Downs Racetrack, home of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks, as well as racetrack and casino operations in Miami Gardens, FL; racetrack, casino and video poker operations in New Orleans, LA; racetrack operations in Arlington Heights, IL; a casino resort in Greenville, MS.; a casino hotel in Vicksburg, MS; a casino in Oxford, Maine; and a 50 percent owned joint venture, Miami Valley Gaming and Racing LLC, in Lebanon, OH.
CDI also owns Big Fish Games, Inc., one of the world’s largest producers and distributors of casual games; the country's premier online wagering company, TwinSpires.com; the totalisator company, United Tote; Bluff Media, an Atlanta-based multimedia poker company; and a collection of racing-related telecommunications and data companies.
Additional information for Churchill Downs Incorporated can be found at: http://www.churchilldownsincorporated.com/.