Marketing Manager - Route 66 Casino Hotel
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87121
Nov 28, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
- Adhere to Laguna Development Corporation (LDC) Core Values, Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the casino.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Assist in the development and execution of the company’s advertising campaigns to promote awareness and build business.
- Manage the creation of all advertising, collateral materials and in-house audio/video through the use of internal audio/video technicians and on special projects as assigned with an outside advertising agency. outside advertising agency and internal audio/video technicians.
- Develop and manage the distribution of press releases, fact sheets, and communication pieces for Route 66, and Travel Centers for distribution to the media and employees.
- Meet departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Work closely with Interactive Me(dia Department on developing and maintains all online communications on lagunadevcorp.com, rt66casino.com, email and social media. Develops and maintains all online communications on lagunadevcorp.com, rt66casino.com, email and social media.
- Manage the production, printing and distribution of advertising materials.
- Manage and evaluate internal procedures and working closely with the Marketing Director in regards to selected special assignments and projects with outside ad agencies and manage the best use of agency resources.
- Review and approve, with the Director of Marketing, television, radio and print advertising prior to release.
- Research data, create ideas and write press releases to generate media interest in products and services.
- Develop and implement the regularly scheduled release of media and community announcements to focus positive attention on the company, our products and services.
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all LDC personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors) while exercising tact, courtesy and initiative in handling day to day operational issues.
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd or unusual hours, holidays or weekends.
- Maintain creativity, flexibility, and work under pressure.
- Maintain strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal, and time management and planning.
- Make analytical and professional decisions confidently an accurately.
- Build relationships and loyalty with guests through sincere and meaningful interactions (e.g., learn guests’ names and preferences; connect with them individually and professionally; smile; make eye contact and verbally greet guests from arrival to the property through departure; and provide friendly and fast beverage service to guests).
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- Develop a thorough knowledge of services, amenities, surroundings, providing accurate directions and information for guest inquiries about promotions and special events.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable in Marketing or Advertising required; professional designation strongly preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years relevant experience.
- High level of experience and knowledge of budget planning and analysis.
- Familiarity with casino operations required.
- Experience in working with advertising agency and public relations firm or staff required.
- Knowledge of tribal, federal and state reporting requirements.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with Super Playmate, Kronos and Paramount.
- Other software.
- The job requires the ability to hear, sit, talk, repetitive use of hands and vision 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to hire, promote, compensate, train, discipline, terminate, schedule, apportion work, direct, appraise, measure performance and plan budgets.
- The job is performed primarily indoors in an administrative setting.
- Obtain and maintain a gaming license through the Pueblo of Laguna’s Gaming Control Board and must provide/maintain a valid New Mexico drivers’ license.
- Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
Route 66 Casino Hotel is located just 20 minutes west of downtown Albuquerque on I-40, exit 140. The Casino has over 1,700 slots and Table games offered are: blackjack, craps, roulette, poker and bingo. Route 66 has 5 restaurants, including the Buffet 66. The hotel has 154 rooms, a workout room and an indoor pool that features an outdoor sundeck. The Legends Theater is a 2,800 seat indoor entertainment venue offering live entertainment.