Database Marketing Manager - Route 66 Casino Hotel
Database Marketing Manager
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87121
Nov 28, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
- Adhere to Laguna Development Corporation (LDC) Core Values, Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the corporation.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Develop long and short-term strategic direct marketing programs and procedures.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Create and manage the departmental budget.
- Meet departmental financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Supervise program production by internal and external sources to meet established deadlines.
- Evaluate and react to direct mail strategies of competitive set.
- Monitor customer reinvestment by segment.
- Support players club and other property departments impacted by programs and promotions implemented by database marketing.
- Implement test & control programs in direct marketing campaigns as well as report results.
- Consistently explore the database to identify growth opportunities and trends.
- Develop direct response strategy for customer acquisition and recovery.
- Ensure integrity of customer database by developing end-user input standards and training, maintaining database cleansing, and developing direct mail quality control guidelines.
- Analyze and/or forecast results for all direct mail programs, events and marketing promotions.
- Administer offers, coupons, and promotions to insure comprehensive tracking.
- Develop and perform complex queries, data segmentation, and analysis using available systems and database tools.
- Create reports and spreadsheet analysis that clearly present program results and conclusions from data mining.
- Handle customer inquiries and/or comments regarding direct marketing offers.
- Identify opportunities to improve data capture, build business intelligence, lower costs and drive revenue.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work in a high pace, multi-task environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and strictly adhere to the Pueblo of Laguna Gaming Control Board/Tribal Gaming Regulatory Authority rules and regulations, Federal controls, and State controls as they relate to the Marketing Department.
- Be a team player (e.g., work toward team goals and foster a collaborative and positive work environment; put the team first; assist coworkers; treat all coworkers with kindness, courtesy and respect; never engage in negativity; maintain openness to coaching, learning and improving; receptive to change and willingness to embrace challenges with team-spirit).
- At all times maintain a courteous, positive and professional working relationship with all LDC personnel and the general public (e.g., coworkers, clients and vendors).
- Work under pressure; maintain regular and punctual attendance including working odd and unusual hours, weekends and holidays.
- Actively participate in Management Development Leadership Series (MDLS) yearly.
- Actively participate in LDC Management Capacity Program as required.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree required with five to seven years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills required.
- Marketing experience in a casino environment preferred.
- Experience with sequel preferred.
- Experience with data analytics, script and SQL preferred.
- Advanced to Expert Level proficiency in Excel.
- Intermediate Level proficiency in Access.
- VizExplorer software preferred.
- Experience with player tracking systems, Oasis/SuperPlaymate preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and basic office equipment.
- The job requires the ability to hear, sit, talk, repetitive use of hands, vision, push/pull, carry, lift and slide/transfer 25-100% of the time.
- The job requires the ability to balance/climbing, bending over, crawl, crouch/stoop, drive, kneel, reaching overhead, stand, turn/twist and walk 1-24% of the time.
- Requires the ability to solve problems, organize, plan, make decisions, interpret data, read and write 51-100% of the time.
- Requires the ability to recommend the hire, promote, compensate, train, discipline, schedule, apportion work, direct, appraise, measure performance, plan budgets and recommend the termination of subordinate employees.
- The job is performed primarily indoors in an administrative setting.
- Obtain and maintain a gaming license through the Pueblo of Laguna’s Gaming Control Board and must provide/maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Route 66 Casino Hotel is located just 20 minutes west of downtown Albuquerque on I-40, exit 140. The Casino has over 1,700 slots and Table games offered are: blackjack, craps, roulette, poker and bingo. Route 66 has 5 restaurants, including the Buffet 66. The hotel has 154 rooms, a workout room and an indoor pool that features an outdoor sundeck. The Legends Theater is a 2,800 seat indoor entertainment venue offering live entertainment.