Database Marketing Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Database Marketing Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 27, 2017
Jan 28, 2018
Type of Position:
Utilize, test and control methodology to improve direct marketing programs and maximize revenue growth.
The Manager of Database Marketing is responsible to oversee a staff of two (2) individuals. In addition, the team member in this position is responsible to promote positive guest relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Manage all aspects of the database marketing team to include but not limited to project planning, organization, effective and efficient execution of database marketing and establishing and maintaining vendor relationships.
- *Work with departments across the organization to identify, develop and execute opportunities for marketing through hard copy mail and web based email programs.
- *Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but not limited to interview, hire and train team members; plan, schedule, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems.
- *Explore new one-to-one relationship, database or specialized database marketing opportunities to target new guests and players club membership acquisition.
- *Track industry trends of new product introductions and successful casino database and/or one-to-one relationship marketing practices throughout the country.
- *Possess and maintain a thorough understanding of our Casino Management System (CMS) and relational database report writing software to access contact information and carded play history for segmentation purposes.
- *Extract and analyze carded guest information and play history utilizing relational database report writing software.
- *Ensure the integrity of the CMS database for accuracy and protection of proprietary guest and gaming data.
- *Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously setting own priorities to ensure timely completion.
- *Prepare and maintain annual departmental budget, track monthly budget expenditures and manage for efficiency.
- Oversee the proofing process of all offers to ensure the accuracy of the piece to the corresponding matrix and the message to the guest is clear and concise.
- Communicate and train other departments regarding direct mail offers.
- Establish, update and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A high school diploma and 5 years of database marketing and analysis experience are required. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field can take the place of 2 years of experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Two years of casino experience is preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Access. Experience in database structure and creating queries is required. Structured Query Language (SQL) or other experience in relational database software preferred.
- IGT Advantage preferred.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of groups.
- Strong influencing and relationship-management skills. The ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels and understand the interests of multiple stakeholders and how those interests relate to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C) and its goals.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to talk, hear, operate a personal computer, and move freely throughout the property. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!