Steak House Manager - Miami Valley Gaming
Steak House Manager
Miami Valley Gaming
Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Nov 24, 2017
Dec 25, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
SUMMARY: The Steakhouse Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall performance of the specialty fine dining restaurant, ensuring the highest standards of service are being met and exceeded. Effectively communicates with Operations Manager and management team. Strives to continually improve guest and team member satisfaction and maximize financial performance. Will help cover other food & beverage outlets when needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops staff, interviews, hires, and conducts performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of the staff.
- Upholds the company and departmental service standards while ensuring the coaching/accountability measures are enforced.
- Ensures the safety and security of associates and guests. Supervises programs and processes to reduce and control loss time injuries.
- Ensures quality of food and drinks being served.
- Review marketing and F&B activities and promotions with F&B team leaders.
- Supervises cleaning as well as maintenance of equipment and advise Outlet Managers about repairs.
- Monitor staffing levels to maintain budgeted levels of employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Assists in identifying and defining business needs to implement solutions that may result in beneficial changes to the department.
- Responsible for attending to customer’s complaints and/or issues resolving matters as expediently as possible.
- Assists with the development and managing of the budget for the F&B department.
- Work closely with F&B managers to develop and implement operating standards where necessary.
- Ensures consistent and convincing service according to the company standards.
- Provides leadership and project management as assigned..
- Meets with departmental directors and managers as necessary
- Follows GuestPath Universal Service Standards, Operational Service Standards, and SERVE expectations at all times.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Performs any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Management abilities demonstrated in managing the F&B operation effectiveness.
- Flexibility to work various food & beverage outlets as required.
- Ability to work varied shifts and days of the week based on business needs.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationship among all personnel.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to assume overall responsibility relative to the performance of F&B operation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two to five years experience in food and beverage operations and managing personnel with a 4-year degree in related fields or equivalent work experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Associate must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming or non-gaming license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is predominately walking and standing; frequently uses the stairs or elevators; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, color coordination, and ability to adjust focus.
The associate may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Miami Valley Gaming
6000 State Route 63
Lebanon, OH 45036
Phone: (502) 636-4400
Miami Valley Gaming is a racino located in Lebanon, Ohio (midway between Cincinnati and Dayton).
It features a 186,000-square-foot gaming facility with 1,600 video gaming machines, a modern simulcast center with races from around the country, and a 5/8-mile harness racetrack with an indoor grandstand that accommodates more than 1,000 racing fans and can double as an event center.
Miami Valley Gaming features four restaurants and a center bar with live entertainment.