Executive Sous Chef - Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
Executive Sous Chef
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71902
Nov 24, 2017
Dec 25, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Responsible for supervision of all kitchen team members.
- Ability to ensure food quality, food cost and control waste.
- Responsible for developing, planning and executing menus.
- Ability to accurately schedule team members to business levels.
- Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen operation including controls, training, cost analysis, sanitation, compliance and production planning.
- Responsible for preparation of all food products according to standard recipes.
- Ability to produce all products necessary for the day’s business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of cuisines..
- Work prime time hours to include weekends, evenings and holidays to reflect the business needs of the Food and Beverage Department.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and work effectively with all departments, vendors, internal and external customers.
- Ability to type and operate personal computer with various software programs.
- Two year culinary degree or culinary apprenticeship program preferred
- Serv-safe (Must obtain within 120 days of employment).
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America. Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library. The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.