Accounting Manager - Wildwood Casino
Cripple Creek, Colorado 80813
Nov 22, 2017
Dec 23, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
- The Accounting Manager performs all accounting activities and produces financial and statistical reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensures the effective performance of all accounting operations.
- Performs all responsibilities in compliance with current federal and state regulations including the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Provides exceptional guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures the effective performance of all accounting operations, including fixed asset accounting and related accounting for GL and AP.
- Reviews and approves all data before entry into the GL.
- Reviews and approves account reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Supervises and maintains the integrity of the GL by performing various analyses and resolving any irregularities.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the accounting system.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Acts as a liaison to all other departments with respect to financial questions.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction, in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property.
- Verifies all tip related issues to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Directly supervises the activities of the accounting team members.
- Mentor and develop the Department, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Plans growth opportunities for those team members who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to progress within the company.
- Provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all accounting team members.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform reviews on team members, fill out required team member documentation as needed, authorize vacations, etc.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The team member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Lengthy periods of standing may be necessary.
- The team member must occasionally lift, push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Using and viewing a computer screen on a daily basis is mandatory.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative as those of a team member while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must also be able to psychologically handle the concept of persons occupying an establishment for the purpose of gambling, drinking, eating and smoking for long periods of time.
- This position is on the key logs having authority for signing no keys.
ACCESS TO RESTRICTED AREAS:
- This position has access to all finance areas without escort.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty cheerfully, satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university required M.B.A. Degree with emphasis in Accounting and Finance preferred. Certified Public Accountant preferred or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience managing a team in the accounting field.
- Experience with preparation of financial statements and the GL close process.
- Able to read, comprehend and interpret simple instructions, correspondence, memos and documents such as safety rules, operating manuals and procedures and maintenance instructions.
- Able to write routine simple correspondence.
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and team members.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to apply common sense, patience and understanding while carrying out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with and present problem-solving ideas that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Colorado Gaming Support License is required.
- Colorado Gaming KEY License is preferred.
Please click on the Apply Now button to be directed to this position on our Career Page, so you may completed our Company Online Application.
119 Carbonate Street
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
The Wildwood Casino located approximately 45 minutes from Colorado Springs in Cripple Creek, Colorado, the Wildwood Casino is the first casino encountered by visitors as they enter the city of Cripple Creek. The property encompasses over 58,000 sq. ft. with 25,000 sq. ft. dedicated to gaming. The one level casino has over 500 state-of-the-art slot machines with full ticket in ticket out capability as well as coin machines, live action poker tables, blackjack, craps & roulette. Dining options including Mavericks Buffet and Saddle Bar.
Wildwood Casino offers hotel rooms at the nearby Gold King Mountain Inn which consists of 67 rooms complete with a spa, 25 meter pool and a fully equipped gym and sauna.
All facilities are owned by the American Gaming Group, LLC.