Steakhouse Manager - 7 Clans Casinos
7 Clans Casinos
Red Rock, Oklahoma 74651
Nov 20, 2017
Dec 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Steakhouse Restaurant Manager - 7 Clans Paradise Casino located in Red Rock, OK
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the successful daily operations of the Steakhouse. Key responsibilities of this position include staff training on fine dining service techniques, wine knowledge, and comprehensive experience in restaurant leadership. In addition, the Steakhouse Manager is responsible for maintaining compliance with Oklahoma State Health Department requirements for cleanliness, hygiene, food storage, and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities of the Steakhouse Restaurant Manager. However, other duties will be assigned as deemed necessary by reporting management and will be addressed per department job descriptions and Policies and Procedures.
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable tribal, federal, gaming regulations and 7Clans Steakhouse policies and procedures.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided. Listens and responds to guest and employee concerns and questions.
- Assists Servers, Dining Room Attendant, Culinary Team and Hostess in exceeding the expectations of our dining guests.
- Manages the restaurants reservations system.
- The Restaurant Manager is responsible for employee scheduling, evaluations, PTO processing and daily floor section assignments.
- Ensures all opening, closing, and running side work is completed on a daily basis.
- Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through and excellence in creating a memorable experience for restaurant guests.
- Provides leadership to restaurant service team through frequent training on fine dining table service, wine presentation, and education on restaurant beverage menu.
- Developing and implementing cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Evaluating steps of service procedures, reviewing standards, identifying methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness and responding proactively to challenges that arise.
- Works with individual service team members on service performance, techniques for improvement and provides measures to exceed restaurants expectations.
- Ensuring wine inventory par levels are maintained by calculating inventory, reviewing sales data, and places orders accordingly.
- Maintains a visible presence on the restaurant floor interacting with guests and ensuring their dining experience meets the established expectations.
- Provides recommendations to guests on food and wine pairings. Training team members to be able to assist and make recommendations on food and wine pairing.
- Communicating pertinent information to team members by conducting monthly departmental meetings, organizing and directing pre-shift meetings on a consistent basis.
- Communicates effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance.
- Works with Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef on menu changes including beverage and wine menus.
- Attends and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Conducts weekly walk through of dining room and kitchen area to ensure sanitation, cleanliness and equipment is operational and functioning as designed.
- Recommend to the direct management all aspects of operations concerning food services and its role in the casino organization
- Assist in the training and coordination of the organization staff and operation of the food service department
- Assists the direct management in maintaining the highest standards required by the state and federal governing bodies pertaining to personal hygiene, safety, and other relevant regulations.
- Assist direct management with the proper training of the FOH and BOH staff as it pertains to his/her outlet and monitors the employee development and overtime
- Maintain standards of staff performance and reviews in a timely effective manner in all areas of operations
- Foster guest-centered service environment that exceeds guest expectations
- Assists the direct management with maintaining departmental budgets and expenditures as assigned
- Keep all appropriate personnel, regulatory, and financial records as assigned by the direct management
- Handle and report customer complaints to direct management for his/her response
- Must be able to work both sides of the operation front and back
- Develops and implements work schedules, performance standards, plans, and/or programs to ensure effective and efficient services are delivered by the department in the absence of the direct management and or under the direction of the direct management.
- Remains alert to any unusual or questionable activity by casino Team Members, vendors, or gaming guest and takes appropriate action to correct the situation within established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all functions and duties are maintained in a professional and efficient manner by all department personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct management.
- Ensures all assigned staff is aware of, understands and complies with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company team member handbook, objectives of the Otoe Missouria Tribe, internal policies, procedures, and controls, as well as applicable laws and gaming regulations.
- Maintains the Departmental Shift log(s) reviewing and noting any unusual occurrences, incidents, equipment failures, safety issues, disputes, etc.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Individual must be at least 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED is required for this position. Four-year college degree preferred and/or minimum of an associate’s degree with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in restaurant management. A comparable combination of education and experience within specified areas of responsibility will also receive full consideration. Casino experience preferred however not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be punctual and dependable in reporting to work as scheduled and completing assigned tasks.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of staff, communications, decision making, problem solving, complaint resolution and resources allocation.
- Read, write and speak the English language. Read professional publications, memos, emails, logs, newsletters and documents.
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with executive level management, other managerial and supervisory staff, and other Team Members. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written report and correspondence to upper management as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, WORK CARDS
Must be able to provide the following cards or work authorization documents: All documents required to show the incumbent is eligible to work in the United States. Required to pass a drug test. It is the responsibility of the Team Member to have all appropriate document(s) current and valid at all times.
Otoe Missouria Gaming License
7 Clans Casinos are entities owned and operated by the Otoe-Missouria Development Authority (OMDA), the official enterprise and economic branch of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians. The OMDA was developed in 2006, with a goal of serving tribal members by developing revenue sources. Their gaming properties include:
7 Clans First Council Casino Hotel located in Newkirk, OK, features 1,200 slot machines, and live Blackjack. Food & beverage venues include FlatWater Bar & Grill, a snack bar, and several full-service bars. The hotel features 86 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy live entertainment at the Council Bluff Event Center.
7 Clans Paradise Casino located in Red Rock, OK, features 450 machines, and live Blackjack. Food & beverage venues include a Steakhouse, the Lucky 7 Diner and the Paradise Bar.
7 Clans Gasino Chilocco located in Newkirk, OK includes a service station and convenience store and features 300 slot machines.
7 Clans Gasino Red Rock located in Red Rock on Highway 177 and features 97 slot machines and Deli-Mart that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Gasino also provides convenience items, tobacco, and fuel for purchase.
7 Clans Casino Perry is located in downtown Perry, OK. The 4,500 sq. ft. facility includes 240+ slot machines, a Cafe and Bar and a drive-thru Smoke Shop.