Vice President Of Marketing - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Vice President Of Marketing
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92262
Dec 18, 2017
Mar 19, 2018
Type of Position:
Job Description Summary
The Vice President of Marketing has the primary function of assisting the General Managers of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians by directing and coordinating activities of marketing to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, both internal and external forces. It is the responsibility of the Vice President of Marketing to direct and assist with the implementation of advertising and promotion for the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
• Directs and coordinates marketing activities of all of the applicable Tribal business enterprises to develop new markets, increase market share and maintain a competitive position.
• Coordinate activities of the SRC and ACCRS marketing departments to effect operation efficiency and economy. Works close with the General Managers and the Chief Operations Officer on marketing programs and required approvals.
• Assist in development and implementation of budgets for the SRC and ACCRS marketing departments. In addition, shall have access to marketing department budget, business plan information on SRC and ACCRS to develop marketing plans accordingly.
• Ensure the production of regular and special reports on all aspects of marketing operations on a timely basis.
• Supervise marketing subordinates at SRC and ACCRS.
• Overall direction of marketing and promotional programs, including advertising, special events and complimentary use.
• Assists Chief Operations Officer in the coordination and direction of day-to-day marketing operations. This position will work out of Central Operations. Will be required to have key access to the Operations front door and marketing file cabinets in Central Marketing office. Shall have access to computer in Central Marketing office for email and other software to perform key functions of the job.
• Makes recommendations on the hiring, discipline and termination of marketing subordinates.
• Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures for marketing departments.
• Confers with management personnel, reviews activity and reports to determine changes in marketing programs as required.
• Provides leadership and direction for the Retail Services Manager to ensure Product, Sales and great satisfaction levels are achieved.
• Other marketing duties as assigned.
Responsible for Central Marketing operations and supervision of marketing functions for Tribal business enterprises in accordance with the Tribal policies and procedures.
Directly Supervises the Director of Database Marketing, Art Director, Communications Manager, Media Coordinator, and Media Buyer.
GAMING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must possess the ability to prepare, assess and analyze financial information; must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills; must effectively direct, interact with and motivate others; must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of a GED or High school diploma. Ten or more years experience in management with emphasis on casino/hotel operations. Prefer a Bachelors degree from a four year university in marketing or hotel administration but not required.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must me able to stand, move and work throughout the
office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work
station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.
Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.