Director of Marketing - Grand Falls Casino Resort
Director of Marketing
Grand Falls Casino Resort
Larchwood, Iowa 51241
Nov 17, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
- Oversee and provide strategic direction to staff in carrying out Advertising, Entertainment, Player Development and Promotions.
- Develop and execute short and long range advertising marketing plans to enhance the opportunity for market share and profit growth.
- Analyze and monitor industry treads, competition and demographics to capitalize on marketing opportunities and stay competitive in the industry.
- Solid knowledge of direct marketing principles, concepts, strategies and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage/coordinate production of projects accurately, economically and on-time.
- Schedule all type of advertising to reach desired demographics thru direct mail, newspaper, radio, television, billboard, websites, etc.
- Provide direction to graphic artists on promotional marketing materials.
- Provide internal signage to promote all outlets and promotions within the Resort.
- Develop and execute short and long-range strategic marketing plans for the resort club.
- Ensure satisfactory profit/loss ratios are attained for casino promotions.
- Provide feedback to General Manager regarding service levels, profitability and opportunities.
- Oversee the development of offers, promotions and special events.
- Work with the Promo & VIP Coordinator to maximize profitability. Work closely with the VIP Hosts and Player Services Manager to ensure outstanding customer service and extended benefits for elite members.
- Oversee entertainment in the Event Center and entertainment in the show lounge.
- Insure exceptional guest service.
- Responsible for hiring, training and disciplinary of department personnel.
- Maintain an open door policy.
- Assures an environment which emphasizes cooperation, communication and teamwork with all departments.
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Cover M.O.D. schedule as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing and five (5) years of comparable management experience or five (5) years experience directing a professional marketing or advertising department required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Publisher) required.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Proven communication and organizational skills required.
- Proven success in areas such as all types of advertising, budgeting, financial planning, profitability, productivity and concept of development required.
- Must have proven ability to identify qualified personnel and provide leadership to develop and direct staff maximizing performance
- Previous casino management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Sioux Falls media market a plus.
Relocation Package Negotiable
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Must be able to be licensed with the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
Grand Falls Casino Resort
3184 Highway 22
Riverside, IA 52327
Grand Falls Casino Resort, is located in Larchwood, IA.. The Casino offers approximately 750 Slot Machines, 25 Table Games, and 8 Poker Tables. The Hotel has 100 rooms with an Indoor/Outdoor Pool. Food & Beverage venues include the Big Drop Cafe', Robert's Buffet, and Ruthie's Steak & Seafood.
Recreational and entertainment facilities include a Show Lounge, a 1,120 Seat Event Center, an 18-hole Golf Course designed by golf course architect, Rees Jones, as well as a full-service Spa, Gift Shop and Wellness Center.