Director of Food & Beverage - Newcastle Casino - Traditions Spirits
Director of Food & Beverage - Newcastle Casino
Newcastle, Oklahoma 73072
Nov 17, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Director of Food & Beverage will assume all responsibilities related to the operation of food service at Newcastle Casino, which is conveniently located in Newcastle, Oklahoma, just 20 miles south of Oklahoma City and ten miles from Will Rogers World Airport.
The 112,000 sq. ft. casino offers over 3,000 electronic games, as well as a wide selection of classic poker and table games 24 hours a day. The gaming facility offers one food venue -Kitchen 44 along with the Front Row Sports Bar. Newcastle Casino (the city where Blake Shelton was born), also offers live entertainment and concerts.
- Provides overall leadership, supervision and direction on shift operations in order to consistently meet or exceed the guest experience.
- Oversees all aspects of the food and beverage operation.
- Ensures all revenue and budget numbers are in line, making corrections to adjust to business levels if necessary.
- Must ensure all areas meet health and safety standards at all times.
- Ensures that all employee and manager issues are resolved quickly.
- Maintains proper coverage of staffing in each outlet; monitors payroll, food and beverage cost for both properties.
- Addresses all issues related to the above in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows up daily on any outstanding maintenance issues.
- Ensures that all venues consistently provide exemplary customer service.
- Responsible for pre-planning, coordination and execution of any new or existing beverage venues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOTE: Traditions Spirits, Inc. ® may change the requirements of this job description at any time. Current responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring a professional and cordial rapport with and acting as a liaison between Traditions Spirits and Casino staff and management.
- Sets PACE & TONE for the shift. Motivates staff to achieve results.
- Recognizes employee strengths and opportunities to craft developmental lessons. Takes ownership and responsibility for development of staff through communication, documentaiton, and evaluation.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all company team members, fostering and promoting cooperative, harmonious work environment keeping morale, productivity, and efficiency high.
- Provides motivation to team through active learning. Develops a strong teamwork environment.
- Conducts meetings shiftly, weekly, monthly, quartely, or annually as expected to facilitate communication and create synergy.
- Builds rapport with all team members through active listening and problem solving skills.
- Holds self to a higher standard, being a role model at all times.
- Communicates daily with the Chief Operations Officer on all projects and operational activities. Sends flash reports and manager’s reports weekly.
- Ensures proper staffing, customer satisfaction, correct inventory levels, controls budgets; maintains proper beverage costs and the cleanliness of all food and beverage operations at WinStar World Casino.
- Must be available to work any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Review daily estimates for food consumption, requisitions and supplies.
- Ensure proper portion controls are adhered to.
- Ensure that all health and safety practices are being followed in accordance with Traditions Spirits and Chickasaw Nation Division of Commerce Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Inspect preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Assist all fellow line staff and managers when needed.
- Understands staffing guidelines.
- Ability to create and manage budgets for multiple outlets.
- Versed in various service techniques.
- Responsible for implementing procedures, policies and regulations to ensure compliance with Chickasaw Enterprise and Food Industries.
- Ability to understand productivity of staff.
- Skilled at training managers or supervisors.
- Creative aspect in menu design and implementation.
- Fully understands Traditions Spirits Employee Handbook.
- Administers appropriate discipline to managers and supervisors.
- Ensure that all service standards are being followed.
- Ensure that all administration duties are followed on a daily basis.
- Ability to keep all costs in line. Address any overages immediately and report.
- Ensure that par levels for food and beverage items are in line.
- Responsible for coordinating service training through Training Coordinator.
- Responsible for planning meetings with staff for special events.
- Menu engineering for each outlet.
- Price comparison analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Ability to create a capital expenditure list.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining Hot Schedules
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOTE: These include, but are not limited to the following (additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary):
- Be observant to any and all safety concerns surrounding your work area.
- Ability to answer the phones in a professional manner as trained.
- Oversee all payroll issues and address any variance immediately with managers.
- Address any overages with regards to beverage cost with the VP.
- Creation of a succession plan for all managers so they are able to run any beverage operation.
- Development of all staff.
- Ensure all side stations are well maintained and organized.
- Aware of any and all potentially hazardous conditions within the beverage operation.
- Superior attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to lift objects over 20 lbs.
- Provide information to outlet managers and Chief Operations Officer
- Fully aware of forecasted budget and actual revenue numbers
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert computer skills, ability to compose and create reports, letters, memos, and procedures
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
- Required knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records and other office processes, procedures, and terminology.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Infogenesis software.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, carries and pushes.
- Lifts and carries supplies and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Essential hand/eye coordination.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior restaurant/bar/casino work environment.
- Noise level is moderate-to-high
- Moderate or high exposure to cigarette smoke when on property.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Moderate physical effort required.
All applicant must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process
Since 2007, Traditions Spirits, Inc. has been the exclusive hospitality management company for several indian gaming facilities throughout Oklahoma. Our services, ranging from alcoholic beverage service to restaurant and hotel management, have been implemented in Riverwind Casino, Newcastle Gaming Center, WinStar World Casino, Texoma Gaming Center, Ada Gaming Center and Thackerville Travel Plaza. Our organization revolves around teamwork and we take pride in providing exceptional service to our guest and clients