Director of Financial Planning & Analysis - Larry Flynt's Hustler Casino
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Larry Flynt's Hustler Casino
Gardena, California 90247
Nov 15, 2017
Dec 16, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino is currently searching for an experienced Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the CFO and be a key leader in financial reporting, budgeting, cost control, cash management and financial analysis of the casino. As part of a dynamic management team, you will interact with department leaders, corporate executives, outside professional advisors and bankers to ensure the organization is favorably positioned for financial growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the business departments to improve financial performance and understanding of their financial drivers and metrics
- Manage monthly financial reporting, metrics reporting and variance analysis
- Own the budget and forecasting process, including interacting with company personnel to optimize and manage assumptions
- Work with corporate finance and accounting team to communicate information and explain the financial status and forward plans of the business
- Assist and negotiate financial elements of business transactions and agreements to help maximize financial terms
- Analyze company’s expenses and cost drivers and identify areas of improvement
- Undertake special projects, requests and cost-benefit analyses related to revenue, cost and capital expenditure considerations
- Evaluate financial processes and systems to address improvements in internal controls, reporting and cost control
- Participate in financial reporting systems projects
- Assist with annual audit requests and reporting
- Liaise with financial and tax team to ensure cash flow management is optimized.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Minimum 7 years in credible finance position with meaningful experience in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, modeling, cash flow management, and cost analysis
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial statements
- Proven ability to be a superior strategic thinker and simultaneously execute on the details
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel
- Strong experience with accounting and reporting ERPs;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and abstract reasoning skills; have a natural ability for being detailed oriented and accurate with numbers and reporting
- Superior problem solver and natural ability to figure out complicated projects and tasks
- Excellent people skills and ability to iteratively discuss concepts with senior management in a respectful, efficient and confident manner
- Strong ability to plan and organize multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Level headed and able to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field; MBA preferred
- Preferred Gaming experience (will train as needed)
- Excellent verbal and written [English] communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports.
Comprehensive Benefits Program Starts 1st of the month after 60 days.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Larry Flynt’s Hustler Casino
1000 West Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena CA, 90247
Web Site: http://www.hustlercasino.com
The 55,000-square foot, $50 million facility is open 24 hours a day; 365 days a year specializing in more than 80 classic card games comprised of 50 poker tables, and over 30 table games including Black Jack and Texas Hold ’em, as well as California Games such as Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, Pai Gow Tiles, and more. It has long been home to the largest seed progressive poker jackpots in the State of California.. The facility matches the plushest Las Vegas casinos, offering full-service cuisine and attentive service that compares to the finest hotels.