Casino Host - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
May 17, 2018
Jun 17, 2018
Type of Position:
As a Casino Host, you are responsible for providing consistent, courteous service to all Project guests, ensuring an optimal level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained. The Casino Host will represent the casino through public relations and marketing efforts to acquire and retain premium VIP players. Casino Hosts will be responsible for developing and executing programs for recruitment of new players while creating brand awareness of Tioga Downs Casino in the marketplace.
The Casino Host will build VIP player loyalty, developing and using sales and marketing techniques that foster an exclusive client relationship and generate an acceptable margin of gaming revenue as determined by management. The Casino Host will also use technological applications and devices to record player preferences and habits.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with all house rules and regulations.
- Researches historical data on players’ behavior to create target lists.
- Develop and execute offers/awards/incentives, including use of existing promotions/programs, complimentary goods and services and other activities/events to encourage customer loyalty and build positive relationships.
- Organize, staff and supervise off-site trips for guests including but not limited to sporting events, golf tournaments, wine tours, etc.
- Analyze reinvestment rates of player activities and determine player profitability. Exercise good judgement when making offers.
- Develop relationships with high-worth players through personal communications, including phone, email, text, letters and face-to-face conversations.
- Leverage relationships to increase visits, length of visits and wallet share from high-worth players.
- Must be available to guests by phone, text and email, even during off hours.
- Prepare relevant reports detailing host/guest activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Company’s property, as well as special events on and near property.
- Conduct drawings based on procedures and utilizing key witnesses.
- Assists guests with ground transportation, restaurant reservations, secretarial needs, entertainment and local attractions.
- Assists with Special Events and all Marketing events.
- The Casino Host will represent the casino through public relations and marketing efforts to acquire and retain premium VIP players.
- Casino Hosts will be responsible for developing and executing programs for recruitment of new players while creating brand awareness in the marketplace.
- The Casino Host will build VIP player loyalty, developing and using sales and marketing techniques that foster an exclusive client relationship and generate an acceptable margin of gaming revenue as determined by management.
- The Casino Host will also use technological applications and devices to record player preferences and habits.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in front of house casino operations, specifically casino host or VIP Services required.
Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate all aspects of hospitality, professionalism, prompt and courteous service, with extreme attention to detail. Familiarity with Players Club, Food and Beverage and other casino departments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer