Buffet Room Manager - Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Buffet Room Manager
Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Lincoln, California 95648
Nov 13, 2017
Dec 14, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Buffet Room Manager Position Overview:
Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies, and procedures. Oversee the Buffet Department insuring the highest quality products and service are provided at all times.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino’s “Winning Attitude” Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino’s Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Responsible for carrying out all policies and procedures of TVC and/or Food and Beverage Department.
- Ability to teach and train Guest Service Standards. Able to manage high volume meal periods with: Buffet waiting lines, Guest satisfaction, managing Guest email correspondence, Holiday strategy planning, administration of Holiday business recaps and administering annual Buffet business plan.
- Execute all buffet departments’ job responsibilities by enforcing TVCR’s policies and procedure fairly amongst all Team Members and in accordance with company’s negotiated union contract.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures as directed by management Suggest and initiate necessary changes and improvements as approved.
- Serve alcohol responsibly in accordance with alcohol awareness training and local and federal laws.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards and ensure cleanliness of all beverage areas. Ensure Team Member safety and display knowledge of all emergency procedures. Have knowledge were your MSDS booklet is located for your area.
- Set schedules and job duties while maintaining Team Members’ hours for proper staffing and rotating of stations/side work. Responsible for setting computerized schedules and completing labor allocation charts. Responsible for posting and bidding out shifts as they come available.
- Interview, hire and train new Team Members in their job duties utilizing the Job Coach Program and effectively auditing ensuring training standards are satisfied.
- Evaluate and oversee job performance of all beverage Team Members. Holding individual subordinates accountable for performance of job duties, tasks, policy and procedures, etc.
- Responsible for financial and P&L accountability of the Buffet Dept Front of the House.as well as FOH inventories. To include but not limited to labor cost, beverage costs, expenses, profitability.
- Manage compliance with all brand related initiatives in the Buffet Department.
- Responsible for managing to completion of Team Member’s annual evaluations.
- Minimum of 2 years high volume F&B Casino Restaurant Management experience and in high volume upscale Restaurant setting.
- The proven ability to manage a Team of Associates in a collective bargaining unit.
- Prior Buffet management experience essential.
- Required : Continued education with completed Management training classes in Corporate and or Individual location.
- Desirable: BA Degree and / or completed Associates Degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and ability to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must possess time management skills—able to delegate, empower and evaluate management and hourly Team Member’s to achieve desired objectives/standards---with minimal supervision.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
1200 Athens Avenue, Lincoln CA, 95648
Phone: 916.408.8333 / Fax: 916.408.8377
Thunder Valley Casino Resort is a AAA Four Diamond award-winning casino and resort located in Lincoln, California, 30 miles east of Sacramento. It is owned by the United Auburn Indian Community and opened in June 2003.
Thunder Valley Casino Resort features a 250,000-square-foot Las Vegas-style casino, offering over 2,800 slot and video machines, 100 table games (including Blackjack, Baccarat, California Craps, Mystery Card Roulette, and Pai Gow) and a live Poker Room which accommodates more than 340 players. The casino regularly holds major promotions and special events including drawings, cash prizes, tournaments, and bingo.
The resort includes a 17-story luxury hotel with 297 rooms, 40 suites, a full amenity Spa, gift shop and boutique. The resort boasts 14 restaurants and bars, including ILLUSIONS Northern California's premier ultra lounge. ILLUSIONS transforms effortlessly from midday chic to a nighttime chill zone, always elegant yet welcoming. The seasonal outdoor pool offers a tropical setting with cushioned chaise lounges, private cabanas and Coconut Bar. The highly popular Summer Concert Series outdoor amphitheater seats over 5,000 while attracting major headliners. Additionally, Thunder Valley owns Whitney Oaks Golf Club, a championship 18-hole course just 15 minutes away in Rocklin.