Surveillance Director - Chumash Casino Resort
Chumash Casino Resort
Santa Ynez, California 93460
Nov 13, 2017
Dec 14, 2017
Type of Position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the Executive Director of Tribal Gaming
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ensure surveillance coverage of the premises of Casino to safeguard the security and safety of guests, team members, protection of tribal assets and gaming integrity.
- Review reports from the surveillance agents and identify any problem areas. Report problem areas to the Tribal Gaming Agency and follow-up to ensure adequate action has been taken to correct the items or liability concerns.
- Observes all table games to detect internal control violations, casino policy and/or procedural violations to assist in the detection of external and internal theft or cheating.
- Verifies that the table games drop, slot machine drop, count room activities are all in compliance with Federal, State and Tribal gaming laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in all forms of card counting and table game cheating methods.
- Conducts video reviews to determine compliance with internal controls, casino policies and procedures.
- Monitors cage and vault areas to ensure compliance with internal controls, casino policy and procedures and to prevent theft.
- Monitor slot machine access via slot tracking system.
- Prepares detailed written investigative reports on reported or observed violations, deficiencies or criminal acts. These reports are forwarded to the Executive Director, Tribal Commission, Casino Management, regulatory agencies and law enforcement agencies as applicable.
- Works closely with Tribal Gaming Agency personnel as well as appropriate casino personnel in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Assist outside regulatory or law enforcement agencies as necessary.
- Ensure that reporting requirements including, but not limited to: Title 31, IRS, NIGC, State Gaming Control Agency and Tribal Gaming Agency reports and assessments.
- Responsible for the interviewing of applicants for surveillance staff and training of new hires.
- Prepares performance evaluations on Surveillance employees.
- Conducts or schedules ongoing training for the Surveillance Department.
- Directs and monitors sensitive investigations to ensure that proper investigative methods are utilized.
- Manage covert investigations via hidden cameras and recording devices.
- Excellent working knowledge of surveillance systems, equipment and operations.
- Various duties as assigned by the Tribal Gaming Commissioner or Executive Director on an as needed basis.
This position has management responsibilities over the Surveillance Department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from a four-year college or university; regulatory, surveillance or investigative related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (2 years of experience will substitute for one year of education). Must have a minimum of five years management experience in casino surveillance or related field.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to interpret accounting and gaming related documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, including, casino management, customers, law enforcement etc.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as: probability and statistical inference. Must be able to maintain a true count during the card counting detection process. Ability to count currency and playing chips accurately and timely. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems with data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be competent in computer skills and detail orientated. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and observe CCTV monitors. Must be able to apply analytical and deductive reasoning abilities. Must be competent in computer skills and possess the ability to interview or interrogate witnesses and suspects. Must have superior interpersonal relations skills, the ability to work well with others and mentor staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal. The cigarette smoke level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
3400 E. Highway 246
Santa Ynez, CA 93460
Web Site: http://www.chumashcasino.com/
Chumash Casino Resort is located in beautiful Santa Barbara County in Santa Ynez, CA. It is owned and operated by the Santa Ynez Band of the Chumash Indians.
The Chumash Casino Resort’s main attraction is its gaming floor that is open 24/7 and features 2,300 slot machines, 50 table games, 1,000 bingo seats, 12 poker tables and daily cash and prize giveaways. The AAA Four-Diamond Rated Chumash Casino Resort Hotel features 320 guestrooms including luxury suites and a spa.
The Chumash Casino offers professional growth, an excellent benefits package, an exciting fast-paced work environment and a drug-free workplace.