Compliance & Risk Coordinator - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Compliance & Risk Coordinator
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Nov 13, 2017
Jan 31, 2018
Type of Position:
The Compliance and Risk Coordinator is responsible for providing technical support on general liability and property claims, as well as the administration of the Workers’ Compensation Program. This includes providing guidance and instructions to management and employees on processing claim forms, assembling information related to claims, and assisting in the implementation of a return-to-work program.
Additionally, the Compliance and Risk Coordinator will assist management of Maryland Live! Casino in maintaining compliance with all state and federal gaming regulations.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
- Process claim forms, respond to inquiries, track claims, coordinate return-to-work program, maintain case files and prepare data analysis.
- Ensure claims are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- Respond to inquiries from Maryland Live! Casino staff regarding return-to-work status, restrictions and medical documentation.
- Timely communicate with injured employees, supervisors, timekeepers, and insurance carriers.
- Assist in the investigation of and processing of all general liability and property claims.
- Prepare and maintain case files.
- Participate in the implementation of safety programs to ensure the safety and security of guests and team members.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal controls and standard operating procedures to maintain compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to continuously demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working with property and general liability insurance.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience working with workers’ compensation programs.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in a compliance, regulatory or audit position.
- Must be able to obtain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery Gaming & Control Agency for the position.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/