Casino General Manager - Kewadin Casinos
Casino General Manager
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan 49783
Nov 13, 2017
Dec 14, 2017
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Directs, manages and has oversight of all activities within the casino and hotel operations.
• Assures that all business activity is in compliance with company policy and procedure and Tribal and Federal requirements.
• Prepares budgets and assists in review of departmental budgets for facility.
• Be proactive to industry standards and competition, casino strategies and adjust Kewadin strategies accordingly.
• Leads and encourages team building.
• Participates in training and development of staff skills, utilizing coaching and mentoring.
• Analyzes profitability of all revenue departments and cost centers.
• Analyzes all gaming data (Slots, Tables, Keno, Bingo, Pull Tabs) and makes changes to impact play and hold.
• Ensures team members adhere to quality customer service standards.
• Reviews and approves all personnel employment and purchasing requisitions.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Becomes familiar with all department head roles and fills in when necessary.
• Attends trainings as assigned or mandated.
• All other duties as assigned.
CONTACTS: Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of effective and successful senior management experience in casino resort operations at the level of a director or above.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department.
Must comply with annual driver’s license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have knowledge of casino and hospitality industry.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have knowledge and a general understanding of financial statements and have the ability to present financial summaries of casino operations.
Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership and direction, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public.
Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Knowledge in various computer programs including Microsoft Office and casino database systems preferred.
Must be ability to effectively analyze, investigate, resolve and recommend action for improvements and resolution.
Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public.
Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations.
Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must maintain confidentiality.
2186 Shunk Rd
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
The Kewadin Casinos are a set of casinos located in the US state of Michigan. The casinos are owned by the Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians. The primary property is located in Sault Ste. Marie, with additional locations in Christmas, Hessel, Manistique, and St. Ignace.
Kewadin Casino, Hotel and Convention Center, located in Sault St. Marie, MI, offers more than 37,000 square feet of gaming area with Vegas-style gaming. This includes approximately 800 slots, live Keno, and approximately 20 table games such as Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Let It Ride, Three Card Poker and live poker.
The 319 room hotel features an indoor pool, spa, and fitness center. Food venues include the DreamCatchers Restaurant, the Trail Deli and the Signatures Lounge. Live entertainment is featured in the Dream Maker Theater, which houses up to 1,500 guests. The gaming facility also offers 39,000 sq. ft. of convention meeting space and an additional 19,000 sq. ft. across the street at the Big Bear Arena.
The parent company Kewadin Casinos has gaming properties in Sault Ste. Marie, St. Ignace, Manistique, Christmas, and Hessel, located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.