Surveillance Technician - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Oct 15, 2018
Nov 15, 2018
Type of Position:
As a Surveillance Technician you are responsible for the testing, alignment, repair, and proper operation of all surveillance equipment on property, including closed circuit televisions and electronic security devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests
- Installs and maintains all closed circuit television cameras, recording devices, expansion equipment, and related wiring on property.
- Repairs damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs designed to eliminate system failures.
- Maintains and programs computer-controlled matrix switch supporting the monitors and cameras.
- Inspects power supply and wiring to all surveillance equipment, identifying and correcting any potential problems.
- Ensures that the appropriate inventory of equipment and supplies is kept on hand at all times, and orders and re-stocks same, as needed.
- Consults with management and vendors on specific types of equipment needed for certain surveillance operations.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Pelco certification preferred .
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of, and experience with, closed circuit television equipment preferred.
- Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
- Experience in gaming surveillance technology and knowledge of cabling standards required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to leverage technical expertise to fully understand and meet the finance department's technical and reporting needs and requirements.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong relationship with casino technical staff.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to specify and develop queries/reports using a range of software.
- Ability to think logically and follow detailed instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is also required to sit, climb and/or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The associate may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds and infrequently be required to lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer