Sports Bar Sous Chef - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Sports Bar Sous Chef
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Dec 01, 2017
Jan 06, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Sports Bar Sous Chef contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Cook, create, plan, and manage the preparation of all menu items to ensure optimal guest satisfaction. Ensure that all food served is monitored for taste and visual appeal; portion control measures are followed; and level of waste is controlled by proper production levels and converted portion guidelines.
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Oversee daily operations of the venue including but not limited to leading pre-shift meetings, delegating tasks, conducting daily training, and managing opening, closing, and cleaning duties.
- *Enforce recipes and training procedures to ensure the highest standards of quality.
- *Control the pace and quantity of production while maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Assist in the development of new menus and recipes, using strong knowledge of culinary techniques and trends.
- Assist in operating venue within fiscal and operational guidelines through effective management of food costs, labor costs, and other controllable expenses.
- Ensure timely inventory counts and proper rotation of stock. Assist in ordering and purchasing food and supplies for venue, coordinating with Purchasing department as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring optimal guest satisfaction and providing timely, positive resolution to guest inquiries and concerns.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to demonstrate advanced cooking skills is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a professional, classically disciplined restaurant, hotel, or club kitchen or a high volume, fast-paced, multiple station setting are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to successfully achieve ServSafe certification within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and move for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member will be required to lift or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cook-tops, and open flames, and in a cold environment, such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!