Players Club Representative Part Time - Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Players Club Representative Part Time
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Bernalillo, New Mexico 87004
Oct 25, 2017
Dec 15, 2017
Type of Position:
The Players Club Representative is an ambassador of the Star Rewards Club in providing accurate information and services for our guests while conducting enrollments, offer redemptions and promotions, through friendly high quality service. Players Club Representative will answer internal and external phone calls; transfer calls to departments throughout the Casino; provide guests with general information about Casino amenities and services including outlet/venue hours of operation, point of contact, event room location, etc.
- Greet guests as they enter the casino; provide current information relative to player club membership, casino amenities, services, promotions, special events and off-site attractions.
- Initiate new-member enrollments by actively pursuing non-members using approved methods.
- Upon verification, enter guest data, in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Identify and resolve the concerns of a guest relative to our services, special events or promotions.
- Conduct transactions with guests by handling cash, processing memberships, coupons, drawing tickets, box office revenue and receipts.
- Answer telephones and speak with guests and co-workers in a professional, courteous, knowledgeable and timely manner.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, routing calls to appropriate person/department.
- Assist in all special events and promotions.
- Individual is expected to be aware of business activities and events as they relate to the department and the entire property.
- Maintain a strong commitment to provide support for the casino’s initiatives, programs, goals and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computers and the ability to learn new programs and systems.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a positive, team player attitude with guests and co-workers.
- Cash handling and computer experience.
- Work schedule flexibility consistent with needs of the business.
- Must be able to attend all required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Implement professional promotion announcements over the Casino PA System.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment in handling a variety of situations.
- Strong numerical or statistical aptitude.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations positively and courteously.
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Ability to 10 key preferred.
- Ability to use electronic equipment including computers, adding machines and calculators.
- Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays..
- Must present self in a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility, as needed, to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Must be able to sit for a long durations of time.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Multi-line telephone
- Microsoft Window Based Computer Programs
- All additional office equipment
- Players Club Tracking Systems
- Box Office Ticketing Systems
- Casino PA System
- Computer Software including spreadsheet software and word processing software (Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Copiers, fax machines and other traditional office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
54 Jemez Canyon Dam Road
Bernalillo, NM 87004
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel was the first Indian casino to operate in New Mexico, opening its doors in 1993. Growing from only 64 slot machines, “The Star” features over 1,400 machines independently certified as the “Loosest Slots in New Mexico” by Strictly Slots® Magazine. Video poker games, 26 table games, and live-action poker are also available daily.
Although gamers must be at least 21 years old, the entire family can enjoy other amenities at The Star. Starlight Lanes is a traditional bowling alley with an “out-of-this-world” twist. It contains 36 state-of-the-art lanes available to league members and casual bowlers, alike. The Star is also home to a full-scale restaurant—the Las Vegas-style Feast Buffet, which provides a contemporary Bosque-style atmosphere with live-action food stations.
Located just minutes north of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel is “New Mexico’s Best Bet!” The Star offers a Vegas-style casino experience with an infusion of New Mexican charm. Reflecting the cultural authenticity and timelessness of the great southwest, it is an easily accessible regional destination for entertainment, excitement, and good, old fashioned value.
We recognize that people are our most important asset.
Our goal is to have every guest leave with a smile.
Santa Ana Star needs people who take pride in a job well done.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), free meal program, credit union, and PTO.
Extensive background investigation and pre-employment drug test required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer