Internal Communications Specialist - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Internal Communications Specialist
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Nov 27, 2017
Feb 11, 2018
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Guest Service Program Manager, the Internal Communications Specialist composes and disseminates information in various formats to team members of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) to keep them apprised of news, events, Human Resources programs, benefits, and initiatives.
Supports the development, implementation, communication of branding initiatives, and guest service programs.
Continuously improves company-wide internal communication platforms and representation of excellence in guest service. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supports the goals of the Human Resources Department by creating communication pieces which showcase and explain the department’s efforts in guest service, retention, employment, benefits, employee relations, training, development, and enhanced communications.
• Ensures TOGE initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to team members.
• Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications to drive team member engagement.
• Ensure internal communications are consistent across all mediums and for different departments.
• Coordinates with the Marketing Department to ensure up-to-date promotional information is available to team members.
• Creates informative, appealing entertaining, and fun communications pieces.
• Composes, edits, and publishes the team member newsletter and other communication media.
• Coordinates with other departments, as necessary, to include interesting and timely information in the newsletter.
• Establishes strong working relationships with TOGE leadership and other departments to encourage ease of communication.
• Uses the best, and various, modes of communication which include, but are not limited to: multi-media, video, newsletter, bulletin boards, memoranda, letters, mobile applications, and payroll stuffers.
• Assists other departments in communicating information by editing their material, as requested.
• Works with other departments to write material for department meetings or pre-shift briefings, as requested.
• Researches and implements “best practices” for internal communication.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Supports and promotes branding, guest service initiatives and demonstrates support of all service standards and programs.
• Coordinates and facilitates guest service related trainings and meetings.
• Monitors guest satisfaction database to ensure timely response to external guest concerns.
• Identifies issues, patterns, and trends within suggestions and concerns in external guest satisfaction database, bringing these to the attention of the Guest Service Program Manager.
• Monitors team member suggestion forum to proactively escalate issues, observations, and opportunities to appropriate departments.
• Provides administrative support to the branding initiative and guest service related functions.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years experience in one of the following areas: graphics design, multimedia or company-wide communications with engagement and sustainability of programs; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate proficiency in writing, editing, publishing software, and multi-media software, video editing and equipment.
Must be able to type at least 45 wpm on a timed test.
Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of the functions, structure, and policies and procedures of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
• Demonstrates excellence in writing, editing, publishing software, and multi-media software, video editing and equipment to ensure clarity of message and tone.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of training, development, and communications in a customer service oriented environment.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of guest service.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a customer service oriented environment.
• Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
• Ability to articulate and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
• Ability to work comfortably in a collaborative and flexible work environment.
• Ability to demonstrate strong personal initiative, problem solving skills, and creativity.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to maintain daily work load while meeting tight deadlines.
• Skill in operating Adobe Creative Suite.
• Skill in operating business computers, office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk, climb and balance. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.