Human Resources Information Systems Analyst (HRIS Analyst) - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Human Resources Information Systems Analyst (HRIS Analyst)
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Nov 27, 2017
Feb 11, 2018
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Compensation & Benefits Assistant Director. The primary focus of this position is to evaluate, analyze and maintain the Human Resource Management System within PeopleSoft. This individual serves as the day to day functional and technical point-of-contact. This includes assisting subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also will support upgrades, patches and other technical projects as assigned.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as a liaison between functional users, IT and technical vendors.
• Leads activities relating to testing, training and support of upgrades and new implementations.
• Responsible for updating current test scripts if necessary as well as developing new test scripts for upgrades.
• Collaborates with functional users and technical resources to develop and redesign business processes to align with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) functionality.
• Actively participates in HRIS enhancement efforts.
• Works with benefits and payroll to resolves data/setup/configuration issues or enhancements.
• Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues.
• Manages data extracts to external benefit vendors.
• Maintains awareness of current HRIS trends.
• Continuously increases both Human Resources (HR) knowledge and HRIS application/tool knowledge by participating in group meetings/conferences.
• Participates in other HRIS related projects as necessary.
• Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintains data in HRIS and databases and assures information is available on a timely basis.
• Performs group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups, and researches/reports on any data discrepancies.
• Delivers routine daily/weekly/monthly reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests.
• Conducts data analysis on HR data such as compensation, classification, employment, human relations, and/or benefits data as directed.
• Prepares reports, graphs, charts and statistics in support of Human Resources operations.
• Provides assistance and supports others on difficult assignments and/or problems as directed.
• Coordinates schedules and tracks progress of specialized work projects or departmental functions.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Human Resources or related field plus 5 years experience in HRIS; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience in the following HRIS areas: Developing and running queries, software upgrades, rollouts, implementations, analyzing and summarizing data. Experience with PeopleSoft and applicant tracking systems preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of HR processes and terminology.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Strong speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent math, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Executes and coordinates office operations such as office meetings, conferences, workshops, appointments, and/or special events.
• Prepares or directs preparation of minutes, notices, manuals, agendas, and correspondence with all supporting documentation, requiring application of specialized knowledge of the assigned function.
• Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource administration in assigned area.
• Knowledge of human resource information systems.
• Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts.
• Skill in performing accurate data entry.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Skill in problem solving and decision making.
• Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of Personal Computer (PC) and/or mainframe applications and systems.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to prepare and produce reports.
• Technical writing skills.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.