Manager on Duty (Slots) - Naskila Gaming
Manager on Duty (Slots)
Livingston, Texas 77351
Nov 13, 2017
Dec 13, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under the direction of the General Manager/COO, the Gaming Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of Naskila Gaming operations in the absence of management. The MOD is empowered to ensure the highest standards of guest service and hospitality are maintained and delivered through direct communication and interaction with Naskila guests, Team Members and others.
The Manager on Duty (MOD) serves as a front-line management guest service representative capable of identifying and managing guest service issues that arise. The MOD resolve guest service issues immediately or if necessary work with other department managers to find resolution. The MOD works closely with department managers and Team Members to assure that Team Members perform their duties within the Tribal Gaming Authority Regulations, Gaming Internal Controls, and other appropriate Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors guest service levels and team member and guest actions during an assigned shift interceding as necessary while involving the appropriate department management or regulatory agencies as dictated by the situation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information relating to guests, team members and Gaming transactions and related actions.
- Establishes effective and lasting business relationships with guests.
- Monitors property to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for guests and team members.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of operational policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintains physical presence on gaming floor during shift acting as a representative of management.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous Gaming Experience with thorough knowledge of Gaming Systems software and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to a group and respond to inquiries in a timely, concise manner.
- Ability to interact with guests, TGA, and others to resolve challenges and/or conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Excellent written communication skills with proven ability to write policy and procedure and provide clear and concise reports.
- Required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand; walk and sit. Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid key gaming license from the Alabama- Coushatta Tribal Gaming Agency prior to beginning work and renew badge annually.
- Ability to work in a gaming environment in which the noise level can be loud to very loud.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree plus five (5) years progressive experience (slots & table games) in the operational aspects of the gaming industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ten (10) years of operations management experience specifically in a gaming environment. Currently have 800 Class II electronic machines, and anticipate implementing table games in the future.
- Extensive knowledge of gaming operations, NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Federal Regulations pertaining to Class II Gaming.
- Professional with strong leadership and communication skills with an ability to talk to others in a non-threatening manner to convey information effectively and appropriately.
- Title 31/AML and other compliance management experience.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Excel and Word, and POS and Player Tracking systems.
- Competitive Hiring Salary
- Relocation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
540 State Park Road 56
Livingston Texas, 77351 USA
Naskila Gaming, is located just east of Livingston, Texas off Hwy 190 - just over an hour north of Houston! The 30,000 sq. ft. Gaming Facility features over 800 electronic gaming machines, the Seven Feathers Circle Players Club with Free membership and exciting benefits, the Timbers Grille Restaurant with dining patio, free valet parking and more.