Resident Services Coordinator - Sandia Resort & Casino
Resident Services Coordinator
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Dec 28, 2017
Feb 28, 2018
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time, On Call
Reports to the Transitional Living Facility Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes referrals, registers residents, and instructs residents in the rules of the House.
- Maintains a high profile in the House so residents are aware a staff person is on duty.
- Handles all phone calls during office hours.
- Sets up rooms after check outs.
- Maintains strong boundaries at all times when dealing with patients
- Keeps cleaning closets stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Performs routine House chores to ensure facility is clean and properly maintained.
- Ensures all food is put away each night and discards food per food safety guidelines.
- Supervises night/weekend House volunteer activities that have been scheduled.
- Transmits pertinent information to the Transitional Living Facility Manager. Completes Extended Hours Activity Log each day.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- An established sleep period during on-call hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am nightly. Should a situation requiring attention arise during these hours, employee will be compensated for time worked, at the established rate of pay, in increments of 30 minutes, rounded up to nearest increment.
- Requires this position to be on the premises during on-duty or on-call unless another staff member is on the premises to fulfill the obligation for overnight on-site coverage.
- Checks doors nightly to secure the House.
- Handles all emergency calls at night.
- Answers the doorbell.
- Provides and/or coordinates approved transportation for appointments, and destination pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Organize, supervise, and encourage client participation in community service.
- Organize, supervise, and encourage client participation in recreational activities.
- Respect the privacy and the confidentiality of all residents and agency information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of general safety rules.
- Knowledge of addictive disorders and the recovery process.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to listen, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to be aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to type, prepare and maintain office reports and records.
- Ability to maintain a supply inventory.
- Ability to follow all instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Respect for diverse culture and ability to work and interact with all types of people.
- Ability to interact effectively with management, staff, clients and residents.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies or related field or
- Two (2) years experience in the operations of a recovery or other residential facility.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Experience with the Wellbriety program.
- Experience working for a social services agency and/or nonprofit experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must successfully complete the New Mexico Food Handlers course within 30 days of hire date.
- Work is primarily performed indoors, but also includes supervision of the maintenance of the property and grounds.
- Work hours based on night of shift:
10:00pm – 7:00am next day sleep period
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 10:00pm awake,
10:00pm – 8:00am next day sleep period
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; diseases; cuts, bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting, crouching, and kneeling.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk – bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands – grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors. Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room. This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!