Maintenance Engineer 1 (HVAC) - Four Winds South Bend
Maintenance Engineer 1 (HVAC)
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Dec 29, 2017
Mar 01, 2018
Type of Position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains all mechanical and cosmetic items throughout the facility.
- Routinely inspects all lighting throughout the property, identifying potential problems and resolving same.
- Responds to maintenance requests and in-house calls.
- Maintains pool facilities (if they exist at the property) as assigned.
- Monitors own work load and advises supervisor of work overload.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and organized work area in the engineering shop.
- Prepares daily work forms.
- Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of all rules, regulations and controls.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical and air conditioning maintenance.
- Prefer 0-2 years experience with a significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, or on-the-job training.
- Scoring 75-85% on Maintenance Engineer entrance test or Matrix Ranking
- HVAC Certification, Preferred
- EPA I & II or Universal License required
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to climb a twelve (12) foot ladder.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and danger of exposure to various chemicals used in the maintenance of the property.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
Employee Benefits & Programs: 401(k) Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Dining Room, On-Site Health and Wellness Center, Life Insurance, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Paid Time Off, Uniforms Provided, Recognition & Rewards, Personal Development Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.