Director of Beverage Operations - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Director of Beverage Operations
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Sep 18, 2017
Mar 17, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing, planning, and budgeting for Beverage departments.
- Insures the safety and security of guests and team members. Manages processes and programs to effectively control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and performance management across all functional areas/departments in beverage. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities
- Evaluating and solving problems.
- Managing cost of goods sold at the designated budgeted levels and below.
- Monitor and adjust service performance and product offering including pricing.
- Meets with department directors as necessary.
- Develops ongoing promotional programs
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret operational results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to create menus and wine list. Knowledge of point of sale systems, easy bar system and all beverage equipment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Knowledge of applicable Sanitation Laws, Health and OSHA Regulations, and Alcohol Beverage Control Laws.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience in all aspects of beverage inclusive of restaurants bars, banquets and purchasing experience, with instructional skills for training. Must have experience managing multiple venues
- A 4-year degree in a related field.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license, as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position. Must also possess or be able to obtain a Alcohol Beverage Control card and any applicable health certifications.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/