Beverage Shift Manager - Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Beverage Shift Manager
Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania 18344
Sep 01, 2017
Nov 30, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Beverage Shift Manager is responsible for all Beverage operations for their shift. Monitor and ensure quality and efficiency of all aspects of the beverage department and property. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Mount Airy Casino Resort’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Familiarize yourself with daily pit sheets.
- Check with Supervisors as to schedule changes, call offs, etc.
- Be fully aware of all decisions made by the other Managers and Supervisors in regards to staffing.
- Check daily staff sheets and schedules.
- Ensure check in is done consistently and correctly. Note all switches, and replacements for callouts.
- Check all Request Time Off’s (RTO’s), vacations, and personal days on sheets.
- Check all outlets for possible shortages of liquor, wine, beer, dry goods, and glassware.
- Report all shortages to the Manager.
- Check all requisitions for validity and accuracy.
- Check all par levels and report any discrepancies to the Manager.
- Ensure consistency and quality of products served and glassware used.
- Shall be responsible for inventory monthly and as needed.
- Extend payroll at the end of the shift.
- Ensure all payroll is signed off and payroll sheets ready for the next shift.
- Complete attendance charts.
- Ensure all early outs, sickness, etc. are adjusted at the end of the shift.
- Ensure all employees working have signed in.
- Any payroll discrepancies are documented completely and turned over to the department Manager for investigation.
- All employees are required to sign out themselves.
- Employees are treated fairly, equally and consistently.
- Ensure all progressive discipline is handled professionally and in a timely fashion.
- Any discipline to be issued that day is given to the Manager and to be checked for consistency of department’s rules and regulations.
- Any events that need investigation should be well documented and turned over to the Beverage Manager for continued investigation. A report must be done that day before the Beverage Shift Manager leaves for the day.
- If a determination is made that discipline will result in suspension, the Beverage Manager should be contacted immediately.
- All memos pertaining to Beverage Shift Manager are read and understood.
- All information is passed to the Manager through log book or memos.
- All information is passed on to all beverage employees by means of bulletin board or verbally.
- All special requests by our guests have been reported to the Beverage Manager.
- All guest complaints are handled completely and reported to the Beverage Manager for follow up.
- All beverage meetings are attended.
- All pertinent information is logged in respective log book.
- Manager will hold meeting with outgoing shift and incoming shift together. At this time the shift turnover sheet would be signed off.
- Bars are operated in full compliance with applicable liquor regulations.
- Bars and pump rooms are inspected daily for cleanliness and appearance.
- Bars and pump room are kept clean and odor free.
- Office area is kept neat and orderly.
- Supervisor should know and be able to perform bar duties.
- Take at least 2 walks through your area of the Beverage Department making notes of equipment repairs, work orders, project requests, equipment needs, cleanliness of areas, employee job performances and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that surveys of casino floor are completed
- Ensure that hosts or supervisors check each outlet for open checks.
- Pass onto next supervisor any follow-up that you are unable to complete.
- Read all log books at the beginning of your shift. Log any pertinent information at the end of your shift.
- Assist in other projects, as directed.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed. Hours are determined by 24-hour schedule.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate leadership, fairness and sensibility to the customers and employees.
- Must possess ability to instill a sense of pride and personal responsibility in subordinate employees.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- 3-5 years in the field of food and beverage.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-faced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Non-Gaming License as required by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff or supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk and move through all property areas. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental state of mind to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and effectively deal with guests, management, employees and members of the business community.
- Adequate manual dexterity, including hand and wrist movement to operate office equipment and perform light lifting.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
44 Woodland Road
Mount Pocono, PA 18344
Mount Airy Casino Resort in Pennsylvania, features a 68,000 square foot gaming area with 1,700 slot machines. Table games include Blackjack, Poker, “Let It Ride” Poker, Three Card Poker, Seven Card Stud, Hold ’em, Omaha, Pai Gow Poker, Roulette, and Craps.
The 188 room luxury resort hotel includes a full-service luxury spa & exercise & wellness center, Indoor/ Outdoor swimming pool, conference center with banquet & meeting room faciliites , four restaurants including Bistecca by Il Mulino, Guy Fieri’s Mount Pocono Kitchen, Mount Airy Buffet and Get Wet Ultra Pool Kitchen), Gypsies Lounge/Night Club‚ retail shops‚ and a covered parking facility. The facility is surrounded by an 18-hole championship golf course and is adjacent to a 27-acre lake surrounded by nature trails.
We are seeking talented, experienced, responsible and highly personable people to help foster an energetic and service-centered atmosphere. We employ about 1,000 people - at salaried and hourly wages. Our future expansion plans include another 200 guest rooms and additional casino facilities. We have also developed an attractive and equitable employee compensation and benefits plans.
Mount Airy knows it takes great people to make great things happen. As such, we're dedicated to cultivating a diverse work environment, where our team members share ideas, collaborate and respect one another. Ideally, the Mount Airy team will include individuals from a wide array of backgrounds, with different experiences and viewpoints, which will be valued. Our work culture will be performance-based, where personal accountability, growth opportunities and recognition occur daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of our business, without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, family status, socioeconomic status or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective job performance. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All Applicants Must Be Able To Pass A Drug Screen.
Mount Airy Casino-Resort is an equal opportunity employer