Prep Cook - Tioga Downs Casino
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Sep 06, 2017
Nov 01, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the preparation of all foods requiring pre-opening preparation, ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation on a scheduled shift is completed in accordance with Company specifications and standards.
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for preparing salads, dressings, canapés, and other cold dishes.
- Responsible for preparing sandwiches on short order or in quantities.
- Maintaining a fully stocked and appealing serving line (in Buffet venues).
- Performs as a team member with Line Cooks, Dishwashers, Supervisors, Chefs, Servers, Utilities, and pertinent company Associates in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Slices cold meat and cheese and portions items.
- Ability to carve meats and prepare desserts as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
- All other duties assigned.
High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Two years experience in a similar capacity position preferred.
Strong organizational skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition subtraction and multiplication tables.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb., and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lb.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Associate regularly works around mechanical moving parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
**NOW OFFERING $250 SIGN-ON BONUS**
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 44 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
A 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, is scheduled to open in November 2017.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer