Cage Shift Supervisor - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Cage Shift Supervisor
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Jul 26, 2017
Jan 31, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Live! Casino & Hotel.
The Cage Shift Supervisor is accountable and responsible for the operation of the Casino Cage department on a shift basis. Supervises all cage, main bank, and Chip Bank personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable gaming experience.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains working knowledge of Cage operations internal functions, controls and software
- Updates and takes the initiative to convey pertinent information to Team Members regarding policy or scheduling changes.
- Ensures efficiency and accurate performance standards are met by maintaining communication with all work areas to verify paperwork and inventory controls (I.e. various bank, cage checks and currency orders)
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding guest service skills and assists team members with questions pertaining to recovering variances, handling guest disputes, counterfeit issues and internal control violations.
- Consistently maintains professional rapport and confidentiality in communicating with other departments as required by procedures (i.e. IT, Security, Surveillance etc)
- Takes responsibility for making sure Team Members are trained and developed in Cage Operations and monitors business flow to develop efficient training, break and shift schedules.
- Demonstrates an understanding of HR duties to accurately track and record LOA’s, PTO time, early outs and special requests made by team members.
- Assists Cage Shift Manager with any other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to read complex documents and understand state and local tax laws, banking codes, gaming laws and regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years experience in casino cage operations or banking preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College degree or some level of secondary education preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency for the position.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/