Sous Chef - Emerald Queen Hotel & Casinos
Emerald Queen Hotel & Casinos
Tacoma, Washington 98404
Nov 15, 2017
Dec 30, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Culinary school background (preferred)
- Must have at least two years cooking experience in a dinner house
- Experience in fish filleting, cutting, sauteing, grilling, steaming and making a variety of sauces
- Must be fast and able to handle up to thirty-five orders at a time if necessary
- Must have good communication skills with the patience and ability to train others
- Must have valid Washington State food handler’s card
- Must be able to stand for longer than 8 hours
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Mobility to climb stairs on a routine basis
- Must be able to tolerate a smoke filled environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Upon offer must obtain Class IIIA Gaming License ($273 - 355)
- Must be able to work all scheduled shifts to include day, swing, graveyard and holidays
· 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision
· $10,000 Life Insurance Policy
· 401(k) Retirement options after 90 days of employment with up to 6% company match
· 18 paid flex days per year (maximum accrual of 31 days per year after 12 years)
· Employee Assistance Program
· Supplemental Insurance option through voluntary payroll deduction
In addition, all employees receive free employee meals, free parking, 20% employee meal discounts in all casino restaurants, a great Employee Recognition Program and much more!
We offer onsite training for all employees that includes new certifications, renewals and mandatory training as it relates to each individual's position.
Applicants must submit a fully completed application to be considered for employment. Failure to fully and accurately complete your application may result in immediate disqualification.
We will maintain your application on file for 12 months and consider applications for future job openings.
We recommend reviewing our web site often and applying directly for the positions in which you are interested.
All employees are required to obtain a Class III Gaming License before being allowed to work.
The Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino observes a zero tolerance drug & alcohol policy and all employees are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native American preference according to law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native preference according to law.
Please click the "Apply Now" button.
Emerald Queen Casino I-5
2024 E. 29th St.
Tacoma, WA 98404
5700 Pacific Highway E.
Fife, WA 98424
Web Site: http://www.emeraldqueen.com/careers
Emerald Queen Casino I-5 in Tacoma features Las Vegas style gaming including 56 table games including Let It Ride, Blackjack, Spanish 21, Fortune Pai Gow, Craps and Roulette. The property also has 1,640 video slots, including Progressive Jackpot machines and Keno.
Property restaurants include an International Restaurant, International Buffet, Asian Café and Palace Deli. Guests can enjoy nationally acclaimed entertainers and comedians and live professional boxing events in the Showroom. Local entertainment is offered nightly in the Bridge Nightclub which hosts local bands every Friday and Saturday night with music selections from country, rock, oldies, to jazz and top 40 with local DJ's.
The Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino in Fife features 104 hotel rooms and 2,060 video slot and Progressive Jackpot machines. The food and beverage venues offers the Tatoosh Grill and Pacific Rim Buffet and Paradise Deli. The property also has a convenience store, casino shuttle and outdoor pool.