Electrician II - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Dec 13, 2017
Feb 13, 2018
Type of Position:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Utilize specialized testing equipment to troubleshoot electrical failures and identify future electrical problems.
- *Responsible for preventative maintenance of facility equipment, wiring, and lighting.
- *Repair and update electrical equipment and components due to age, wear, or damage.
- *Perform skilled electrical installations according to national and local codes.
- Maintain inventory stock of electrical components, tools, and lamps.
- Oversee, mentor, and help train electricians with less experience (Electrician I).
- Perform maintenance and repairs other than electrical as requested by the shift supervisor.
- Adhere to the casino’s standard levels assuring that daily work and special projects are completed in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain current State of Wisconsin Journeyman Certification.
- Two (2) years of experience at the journeyman level required.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Basic understanding and comprehension of the National Electrical Code, local electrical codes, and National Fire Protection Association 70E.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical systems without drawings and documentation.
- Ability to use, maintain, and interpret the results of testing instruments.
- Ability to create or update schematic diagrams of modified circuits.
- Ability to work well with others, including team members, outside vendors, guests, managers, and contractors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, blue prints, professional journals, software manuals, operating procedures, technical procedures, government regulations, and building specifications.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, employees, and guests.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle objects, tools, and controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This job frequently requires working from ladders and lifts.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds, and frequently move and /or lift up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!