Executive Steward - Casino in Southern California
Casino in Southern California
Jun 16, 2017
Sep 14, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Assists in cleaning equipment or food preparation areas as needed.
Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local food safety regulations.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Works under general supervision.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Develop and implement strategies for stewarding areas that are aligned with the casino’s food and beverage objectives.
- Responsible for total maintenance and sanitation policies and procedures in all food production service areas.
- Creates and implements standard operating procedures for stewards.
- Manages the operation of the steward department; trains employees on proper cleaning methods, chemicals, and operation of the equipment.
- Work with Food and Beverage Director on the purchasing of all cleaning supplies, china, glassware, cutlery and equipment.
- Taking and calculating of material stock (inventory) as required.
- To be responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the Stewarding areas.
- Interviews and makes recommendations regarding the selection of new Stewards.
- Sets performance standards and work goals for Stewards.
- Evaluates staff and initiates corrective/disciplinary action as necessary.
- Administers employee performance evaluations.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed, including the proper and timely delivery of food to respective banquet rooms.
- Inspects completed sets and daily assignments completed by stewards.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a casino environment preferred and 2 year supervisory experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must possess an ability to work with minimal supervision and make educated ethical decisions as necessary.
- Must be able to resolve conflicts and have effective communication skills with all levels of employees and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and to prepare detailed professional correspondence, memoranda, policies, procedures and regulations related to the employee’s duties.
- Must be flexible in scheduling to include, nights, weekends, and holidays.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
This listing is placed by a Company that wishes to remain confidential. Therefore, no further Employer information can be provided in this job posting.
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button above (if you have an online resume posted with Casino Careers).
If you do not have an online resume posted with Casino Careers, you may post a resume now, or you can email this Employer using the Email Employer button.