Cage Supervisor - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Sep 22, 2017
Nov 28, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Cage Supervisor contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Maintain security and accountability of casino funds located in the cage areas during their shift and ensure smooth and efficient Cage operations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training Employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Verify daily paperwork to resolve any variance errors that may arise during their shift.
- Address any customer inquiries or complaints and follow up with proper documentation.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required; Associates degree is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year gaming operations or finance related experience required and a minimum one (1) year management/supervisory experience, preferred.
- Thorough understanding of federal/state regulations related to cage operations.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possess integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of guests or Employee of organization.
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The Employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must be able to operate a personal computer.
- The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Employee must be able to lift, push, pull up to 25 lbs or more with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!