Golf Greenskeeper II - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Golf Greenskeeper II
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Feb 15, 2019
Mar 04, 2019
Type of Position:
The Golf Groundskeeper II responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in a wide range of activities involved in general maintenance of the golf course.
- The individual should know how to operate a variety of equipment that is used on a daily basis in a safe manner.
- Some examples are: tractors, fairway and rough mowers, aerifiers, walk mowers, and spreaders for fertilizing fairways and roughs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate the following equipment: greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and any related mowers used in daily course operations.
- Rakes sand traps with power rake, aerifies greens and tees.
- Operates sod cutter, and may assist in the fertilization of greens, tees, fairways, roughs and related areas.
- Maintains gasoline or diesel, oil and other equipment fluid levels daily.
- Reports equipment problems and failures to mechanic immediately.
- Installs detailed irrigation and drainage systems as directed, understanding the principles and procedures of installation.
- Use and understand the operation of a transit, level or other device used to construct proper grades and/or layout.
- Occasionally uses loaders to remove dirt, debris and other materials and refuse.
- Returns equipment to designated location at the maintenance facility as directed by the mechanic or Assistant Superintendent properly cleaned and serviced.
- Ensures proper safety for the greens-keepers and to the operation of all equipment.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- Assists with golf course setup.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends staff meetings.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience and/or Education
Three months - 1 year related experience or training.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to guests and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
- Valid State Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Starting Salary: $13.69 Per Hour
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!