Director of Banquets - Live! Lofts Hotel - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Director of Banquets - Live! Lofts Hotel
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
May 16, 2017
Dec 31, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets.
- The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Maryland Live! Casino.
CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
FUNCTION. The Director of Banquets is responsible for ensuring that large party dinners and functions are executed in the most efficient and customer-pleasing ways possible. The director generally supervises every aspect of execution of a banquet, from setup and breakdown to the actual service, along with scheduling, training, and hiring personnel. Ideal applicants should be excellent organizers, customer service-oriented, and outstanding communicators, as well.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains open communication lines with Catering and Convention Services in order to promote teamwork and exceed guest service expectations
- Ensures smooth and efficient functioning of the Banquet Department on a daily basis
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Conducts set-up inspections as assigned on definite bookings and unscheduled walk-in site inspections for potential bookings.
- Responsible for the timely, precise and expert execution of all banquets functions
- Assumes responsibility for all equipment, inventories, supplies, furniture and fixtures assigned to the Banquet Department and in addition scheduled cleaning of all banquet equipment during slow times – with reports generated to monitor completion
- To provide leadership, direction, training and support for the Colleagues and leaders in the department
- Responsible for recruitment and training of new employees and maintains appropriate staffing levels at all times by liaising with the Human Resources Department
- Creative, cost-effective scheduling of the banquet Leadership Team, Captains, Banquet Servers, Coordinator, and House persons to minimize productivity to forecast and budget
- Distribute Banquet Event Orders to all appropriate hotel departments to facilitate efficient purchasing, planning, and employee scheduling.
- All other related responsibilities and duties
- Develop program goals to accomplish 2% revenue lift in “in function” selling
- Plan and execute all groups from a conference management stand point including banquet event orders, group resumes and meeting room set ups
- Provide weekly and monthly reports of sales calls and marketing actions as requested by Associate Director of Sales
- Maintains a constructive, harmonious and communicative working relationship with all supporting departments
- Must be able to meet the demands of clients’ events to include presence at numerous food and beverage functions throughout the day
- Assists in establishing good relationships with employees, other departments and outside preferred vendors and other agencies
- Research the competitive catering environment to define potential sources of Catering business and to determine strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Effectively establish the local market to include, but not limited to: local client contacts, businesses, social events, fund-raisers, weddings, and bar/bat mitzvahs
- Assume the responsibilities of Sales and Marketing Department leadership in his/her absence. (80%)
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals. (10%)
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested (5%)
- A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum five-eight years banquet/catering management experience with proven success working as a Director of Banquets
- Extensive hospitality and service experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experiential knowledge for management of people, complex problems and efficient sales activities, advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guests and corporate clients.
- If needed
- Directors typically work both days and evenings, and should expect to work weekends and holidays as needed.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
- Pushing/Pull 20 lbs
- Carry up to 20 lbs
- Infrequent Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Frequent Sitting
- Climbing steps
- Able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and guests.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/