Assistant Beverage Manager - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Assistant Beverage Manager
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
May 21, 2018
Aug 21, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Assistant Beverage Manager monitors and manages all beverage areas on a daily basis and to ensure all accepted standards and policies are followed and enforced to maximize guest safety and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote Cache Creek Resort in a positive manner.
- Maintain beverage (alcohol) distribution system, inventory, cleanliness, accuracy of pours and replacement of product, daily.
- Maintain soda (non alcoholic) distribution system, inventory, cleanliness, accuracy of pours and replacement of product, daily.
- Inspect bars for cleanliness.
- Manage cocktail, bartender and bar porter staff, daily.
- Prepare schedule for staff.
- Inspect bartender preparation and enforce recipe standards.
- Setup all banquet bars.
- Hold daily pre-shift meetings, communicate all important information.
- Conduct weekly staff training on "Sequence of Service Standards".
- Inspect all service staff uniforms daily to insure accepted standards are met.
- Interface and communicate with all related departments such as casino, restaurant or club manager and security related to beverage issues.
- Enforce alcohol awareness policy to insure staff does not over serve a guest.
- Master I.P. system requisitioning procedures.
- Maintain all accepted bar inventories.
- Conduct spot inventories to insure all pars are accurate.
- Maintain key distribution system.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Conduct all manager functions for POS (point of sale) system for daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises employees in the Beverage Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- One year as a Beverage Supervisor in large multi outlet facility featuring multiple bars and cocktail service or similar customer service environment.
- Two years of college in hospitality or related field.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
- Sanitation Certificate
- "TIPS" Alcohol Awareness Certificate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Salary: Negotiable Based On Experience
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!